title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: RE: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    I won't be able to see the image for a while. I think, though, your path needs to be F:\FLAC\ (note the ending backslash).
    OK,cheers JH. I will try in the morning with the backslash you kindly mention. I spent over an hour on this earlier and also another hour on the artwork issue. Bit of a soul destroying evening but there you go! Cheers, Paul.

dBpoweramp Guru

I won't be able to see the image for a while. I think, though, your path needs to be F:\FLAC\ (note the ending backslash).
    One doesn't type in the music file location in Foobar library. Instead, once you click ADD, it takes you to a popup window that allows you to browse to the correct parent folder and select it. So it's impossible to enter it wrong.

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Nice one JH, I added the backward-slash to the PATH and I think it's SAVING correctly now.

PATH_1.png

PATH_2.png

It created a dedicated folder for the artist 'Weather Report', and placed the ripped CD inside. I will test it with another album by 'Weather Report' next. And it did not create an unwanted GENRE folder either. Hopefully it won't keep creating extraneous folders like yesterday! Cheers, Paul.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-26-2017 at 11:42 AM. Reason: screenshot

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    One doesn't type in the music file location in Foobar library. Instead, once you click ADD, it takes you to a popup window that allows you to browse to the correct parent folder and select it. So it's impossible to enter it wrong.
    Hi Gary, foobar is now successfully picking-up (monitoring) the FLAC folder updates as I add more rips to the Dell external-HD folder. Thanks, Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi, I do have a couple of questions about searching in foobar, but I will leave them until I have gotten dBpa totally sorted out. Cheers, Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Gary, It is set now to how you recommended, thanks. Paul

PATH.png

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi, I do have a couple of questions about searching in foobar, but I will leave them until I have gotten dBpa totally sorted out. Cheers, Paul
    In the search bar, you can type anything you want and hit ENTER. Then in your album list, artist list, etc. you'll see all the results. For example, in the pic attached, I typed "Miles Davis" in the search bar and it pulled up 30 albums that had some sort of Miles Davis connection.
    Capture.JPG

dBpoweramp Guru

In the search bar, you can type anything you want and hit ENTER. Then in your album list, artist list, etc. you'll see all the results. For example, in the pic attached, I typed "Miles Davis" in the search bar and it pulled up 30 albums that had some sort of Miles Davis connection.
    Capture.JPG
    Cheers Gary. The attachment says: 'Invalid link', though? Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Cheers Gary. The attachment says: 'Invalid link', though? Paul
    hmmm, I see it when I click. In any case, it's easy to see where. In your foobar, when you have highlighted "Library Selection" under playlists (far upper left), then you should see the search bar above the "genre" column. Just enter anything in there and hit ENTER key.

dBpoweramp Guru

JH, It is now placing double-CDs correctly in respective folders for each disc. So I think all is well here. I will now test with a CD by a completely different artist. Cheers, Paul

Folder.png
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-26-2017 at 01:36 PM. Reason: screenshot

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi, it's creating a NEW folder correctly for a NEW artist also!

Artist.png

Going to take a look at removing the 'embedded' arts from my earlier rips now ...

dBpoweramp Guru

I set up foobar in late 2014 and haven't had to deal with configuring the library location since then. I'm hard-pressed to remember procedures I don't often use. Thanks for the clarification.

dBpoweramp Guru

I set up foobar in late 2014 and haven't had to deal with configuring the library location since then. I'm hard-pressed to remember procedures I don't often use. Thanks for the clarification.
    Yeah, I have some things configured so long ago I have no memory of what I did.

dBpoweramp Guru

hmmm, I see it when I click. In any case, it's easy to see where. In your foobar, when you have highlighted "Library Selection" under playlists (far upper left), then you should see the search bar above the "genre" column. Just enter anything in there and hit ENTER key.
    Cheers Gary, So I think you mean here:

search.png

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Gary, One of the questions I was going to ask about foobar was that in the top left, my list of ARTISTS appears 'Z-A'. Is there way to switch it to 'A-Z', please?

artist.png