title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: RE: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Follow the same steps up to "import theme" on your current install. Then instead choose "export theme" and you'll have the file to import on another install. Otherwise remind me after Thursday when I'm back home.
    Hi Gary, If you get a change please to uplaod your foobar file again that would be great; as I have some free time from tomorrow onwards. I would like to set up my home PC in the same way as my work one. Cheers, Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi Gary, If you get a change please to uplaod your foobar file again that would be great; as I have some free time from tomorrow onwards. I would like to set up my home PC in the same way as my work one. Cheers, Paul
    here it is. You should save a copy somewhere on your PC. And as mentioned, you can create this yourself from your other PC by just "exporting theme" (same place in instructions where you "import" this theme.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd1itn09mt...garym.fth?dl=0

dBpoweramp Guru

here it is. You should save a copy somewhere on your PC. And as mentioned, you can create this yourself from your other PC by just "exporting theme" (same place in instructions where you "import" this
    Great, thanks Gary. I will grab it in the morning. Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

here it is. You should save a copy somewhere on your PC. And as mentioned, you can create this yourself from your other PC by just "exporting theme" (same place in instructions where you "import" this theme.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd1itn09mt...garym.fth?dl=0
    Gary, Have d/l now thanks. Also, saved to my DropBox. Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Hi, Having connected the Dell external-HD to my home PC and installed foobar and Gary's theme, the following error appears when ADDING MEDIA LIBRARY. Thanks, Paul

error.png

dBpoweramp Guru

Having connected the Dell external-HD to my home PC and installed foobar and Gary's theme, the following error appears when ADDING MEDIA LIBRARY.
    Can you see the Dell drive in File Explorer? If so, what is its drive letter? I'm guessing it's not F:.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    Can you see the Dell drive in File Explorer? If so, what is its drive letter? I'm guessing it's not F:.
    Hi JH, after a couple of re-boots the Music Folder seems to have picked up the F-Drive (Dell / FLACs):

Music Folder.png

Maybe a few restarts was just all it needed? Thanks, Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-25-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: screenshot

dBpoweramp Guru

usually takes a day before your pics become viewable. Under playlists on upper left, you should see an item "library selection". If you click this, on the right you should see everything populate in the columns (album, genre, codec, etc.)
    Gary, Once again it has taken a day and a half for all of the artwork to successfully appear in foobar (on my home PC). I think a few restarts helped along the way. Also, instead of ERROR it says MONITORING with regards to foobar reading the external-HD.

However, I still have a slight feeling that something is not 100% correct somewhere either in foobar or dBpa. I will have to compare the settings with those on my functioning work PC. Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-25-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, Once again it has taken a day and a half for all of the artwork to successfully appear in foobar (on my home PC). I think a few restarts helped along the way. Also, instead of ERROR it says MONITORING with regards to foobar reading the external-HD.

However, I still have a slight feeling that something is not 100% correct somewhere either in foobar or dBpa. I will have to compare the settings with those on my functioning work PC. Paul
    monitoring is correct. Shouldn't take a day and a half, unless you have about 500,000 tracks. Maybe you have a really old PC with USB 1.0 or something. That could take a day or so to load up all your files and art in foobar (vs 20 minutes at most for my 100,000 tracks in a laptop connecting to a USB 3.0 drive). This is not a dbpa problem. The files are there, have tags, and have art. You can easily see that on your PC outside of foobar. I don't think this is a foobar problem either. I think you have a bad USB drive, a bad USB cable, or a bad USB jack. Or you have a really old PC with old USB technology.

dBpoweramp Guru

monitoring is correct. Shouldn't take a day and a half, unless you have about 500,000 tracks. Maybe you have a really old PC with USB 1.0 or something. That could take a day or so to load up all your files and art in foobar (vs 20 minutes at most for my 100,000 tracks in a laptop connecting to a USB 3.0 drive). This is not a dbpa problem. The files are there, have tags, and have art. You can easily see that on your PC outside of foobar. I don't think this is a foobar problem either. I think you have a bad USB drive, a bad USB cable, or a bad USB jack. Or you have a really old PC with old USB technology.
    Hi Gary, I didn't mean I left the PC turned on for over one day, and let foobar search. But rather I performed a few restarts of my PC and foobar every so often. Then suddenly, all of my FLACs appeared in the foobar playlist. So I don't think it was a question of them taking time to load, but that they just were not being picked up. Also, I suspect there may have been (and may still be) couple of setting which are not configured exactly as they should be in either/or foobar/dBpa. Cheers, Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Gary, I didn't mean I left the PC turned on for over one day, and let foobar search. But rather I performed a few restarts of my PC and foobar every so often. Then suddenly, all of my FLACs appeared in the foobar playlist. So I don't think it was a question of them taking time to load, but that they just were not being picked up. Also, I suspect there may have been (and may still be) couple of setting which are not configured exactly as they should be in either/or foobar/dBpa. Cheers, Paul
    the problem you're describing is not a dbpa problem and very, very unlikely to be a foobar problem. It is an issue with your PC recognizing the external USB drive.

dBpoweramp Guru

the problem you're describing is not a dbpa problem and very, very unlikely to be a foobar problem. It is an issue with your PC recognizing the external USB drive.
    Yes, that was is what happened, I think. It kept saying ERROR for the F:Drive (FLACs). But it picked it up an hour ago and I think its OK now. Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

It kept saying ERROR for the F:Drive (FLACs). But it picked it up an hour ago and I think its OK now.
    You've only proven that the PC can connect to the Dell drive; you don't know yet if it can connect reliably.

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    You've only proven that the PC can connect to the Dell drive; you don't know yet if it can connect reliably.
    Hi JH, Well something is adrift because when I rip a CD (using my home PC connected to the Dell-HD) a new JAZZ (genre) folder is created outside of the FLAC folder (in which everything should be going into). In other words, a genre (Jazz) folder is created and the current CD being ripped is placed in there! This is happening each time I perform a rip.

I set the PATH to 'DriveF:\FLAC'; which worked fine on my work PC? Thanks.

Path_2.png

PATH.png
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-25-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Well something is adrift because when I rip a CD (using my home PC connected to the Dell-HD) a new JAZZ (genre) folder is created outside of the FLAC folder (in which everything should be going into). In other words, a genre (Jazz) folder is created and the current CD being ripped is placed in there! This is happening each time I perform a rip.

I set the PATH to 'DriveF:\FLAC'; which worked fine on my work PC? Thanks.
    I won't be able to see the image for a while. I think, though, your path needs to be F:\FLAC\ (note the ending backslash).
    Last edited by Jailhouse; 08-25-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Correction