title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Youve already done that step (although you did it an alternative way) when you installed the facets component. Look in the directory location I gave you and make sure you see facets.dll file in the components folder. If you do, it's correct.

edit. I'm just guessing which step you are on. Can't see pic yet. But you can't break anything so no worries. Just keep following steps.
    Gary, Cheers. I have extracted and placed the 'facets' dll. in the foobar 'components' folder:

x86_1.png

x86_2.png

Maybe I did it the long way, but I think it's OK. Thanks.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017 at 05:29 PM. Reason: screenshot

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Gary, Cheers. I have extracted and placed the 'facets' dll. in the foobar 'components' folder:

x86_1.png

x86_2.png

Maybe I did it the long way, but I think it's OK. Thanks.
    if the file is there it's ok!

dBpoweramp Guru

Smile Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

if the file is there it's ok!
    Awesome. Cheers Gary.

Can I delete these 3 files from my very messy desktop now?! Thanks.

foo_2.png
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: screenshot

dBpoweramp Guru

Awesome. Cheers Gary.

Can I delete these 3 files from my very messy desktop now?! Thanks.

foo_2.png
    Yes. All the downloaded files can be deleted. I assume you've done the import theme foobargarym step. Afterwards you can delete that downloaded file.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes. All the downloaded files can be deleted. I assume you've done the import theme foobargarym step. Afterwards you can delete that downloaded file.
    Gary, No, I have not tried anything out yet as such. Only done the d/l and installing. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, No, I have not tried anything out yet as such. Only done the d/l and installing. Thanks.
    Then don't delete the foobargarym file until after you import the theme. Then you can delete it. Keep in mind I can't see the pics you are posting (yet).

dBpoweramp Guru

Then don't delete the foobargarym file until after you import the theme. Then you can delete it. Keep in mind I can't see the pics you are posting (yet).
    Thanks for stayin' with me, Gary. I followed the 'IMPORT THEME' steps now. The foobar GUI has changed somewhat (I take it that's correct):

gary_1.png

gary_2.png

I am not going to 'IMPORT MUSIC LIBRARY' as yet because - well - I don't have any music! And I am not importing 'WMA' from my old external-HD. I can't wait till the day I wipe all them dodgy compressed mp3s off!

btw - I received a PM from Mr. Spoon (not sure what time it was sent) saying that a max. of 20 x PNGs can be uploaded before the moderating actions come into play. After which, you can upload another 20 x images, I guess. Probably all outlined in the forum 'guidelines' which I should read sometime!
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: screenshot

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes. GUI should change a lot.
    ps you do probably post too many pics. You don't need a pic of *everything*. Just the more complex things that are hard to describe. I've probably posted only 20 pics in total over 3,000+ posts.

dBpoweramp Guru

Also, go ahead and import the few things you've ripped. You can see how it looks. You only configure the foobar library once. Afterwards any new music that is ripped to that parent directory will automatically show up. And if you ever change the file locations, just go into the foobar menu and point it at the new parent directory. Simple!
    Last edited by garym; 08-12-2017 at 06:19 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

deleted/moved to https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...(help-)/page21
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017 at 06:38 PM. Reason: duplicate

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi again, If I check the 'Length' box in the 'Tag ID Options' window (ie. so as to permit this particular tag to show on compatible devices):

New_Tag_ID.png

... and then I call up the 'Create New Tag' on the bottom of the page (as per screenshot):

New_Tag.jpg

... there is no choice (in the pop-up scroll) for 'Length'!? I would have thought that all of the possible tags offered in the 'Tag ID Options' (first screenshot) would appear in the lower pop-up of 'Create New Tag'. Or do you just have to type in the ones which are missing, please? Thanks
    no clue. And wrong thread. But if you tick length, the cd ripper will automatically fill in length tag when you rip.

dBpoweramp Guru

no clue. And wrong thread. But if you tick length, the cd ripper will automatically fill in length tag when you rip.
    Have relocated to: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...d=1*post176114

I had two tabs open and inadvertently posted it incorrectly.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes. GUI should change a lot.
    ps you do probably post too many pics. You don't need a pic of *everything*. Just the more complex things that are hard to describe. I've probably posted only 20 pics in total over 3,000+ posts.
    Gary, OK, cheers. The GUI does look different but I would not say radically.

OK, no worries, I'll cut back on the uploads. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Also, go ahead and import the few things you've ripped. You can see how it looks. You only configure the foobar library once. Afterwards any new music that is ripped to that parent directory will automatically show up. And if you ever change the file locations, just go into the foobar menu and point it at the new parent directory. Simple!
    Thanks, I think I will now be able to make a rip 100% perfectly! I must have made over 30 x hash-ups so far! But at least I have learnt. Once I have a few rips on my external-HD I will IMPORT them to get the ball finally rolling. Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks, I think I will now be able to make a rip 100% perfectly! I must have made over 30 x hash-ups so far! But at least I have learnt. Once I have a few rips on my external-HD I will IMPORT them to get the ball finally rolling. Paul
    Hey Paul,

I'm sure that once you got the basic Artist / Album / Track, sorted all of your rips were 100% perfect, and playable on players. But, yes, perfecting album art, which you did very early, and working out the tags that are important to you, takes longer. You can correct these later, but if you, know what you want to achieve, get a good routine going, don't make any mistakes (!), and do this, repeatedly (without mistakes), you can "get it right", first time. Knowing what you want to achieve, and what is achievable, is probably the hard part.

Considering the power and flexibility, of the dBpoweramp software suite, the help available, is very good. I like how your thread progressed, because it shows there is no, one, "right way", as individuals have different preferences, and your screenshots, show input / output, so hopefully, all can understand your choices, and come to their own, easier.

Once you've got a good naming scheme, and I do think more people, could get going quicker, with more choices in default naming strings, seeing how the files display on your player, or Foobar2000, is essential.

We tend to focus far too much, on how folders look, in a Windows environment, rather than how, Foobar, or your player, handles the files. The fact you have a thread on different players, again with screenshots, continues your journey, and shows how the earlier decisions, affect how we locate, display, and play the music we want.

All the best, in filling your hard drive with music files, and, enjoying the results!

Oggy
    Last edited by Oggy; 08-13-2017 at 06:23 AM.