title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RE: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monsterjazzlick
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jul 2017

Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Originally posted by garym
    Youve already done that step (although you did it an alternative way) when you installed the facets component. Look in the directory location I gave you and make sure you see facets.dll file in the components folder. If you do, it's correct.

edit. I'm just guessing which step you are on. Can't see pic yet. But you can't break anything so no worries. Just keep following steps.
    Gary, Cheers. I have extracted and placed the 'facets' dll. in the foobar 'components' folder:

Click image for larger version

Name:	x86_1.png
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	293475

Name:	x86_2.png
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	293476

Maybe I did it the long way, but I think it's OK. Thanks.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017, 09:29 PM. Reason: screenshot

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
      Gary, Cheers. I have extracted and placed the 'facets' dll. in the foobar 'components' folder:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1518[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1519[/ATTACH]

Maybe I did it the long way, but I think it's OK. Thanks.
      if the file is there it's ok!

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jul 2017

if the file is there it's ok!
        Awesome. Cheers Gary.

Can I delete these 3 files from my very messy desktop now?! Thanks.

Name:	foo_2.png
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	293477
        Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017, 09:46 PM. Reason: screenshot

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Awesome. Cheers Gary.

Can I delete these 3 files from my very messy desktop now?! Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1520[/ATTACH]
          Yes. All the downloaded files can be deleted. I assume you've done the import theme foobargarym step. Afterwards you can delete that downloaded file.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

Yes. All the downloaded files can be deleted. I assume you've done the import theme foobargarym step. Afterwards you can delete that downloaded file.
            Gary, No, I have not tried anything out yet as such. Only done the d/l and installing. Thanks.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Gary, No, I have not tried anything out yet as such. Only done the d/l and installing. Thanks.
              Then don't delete the foobargarym file until after you import the theme. Then you can delete it. Keep in mind I can't see the pics you are posting (yet).

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jul 2017

Then don't delete the foobargarym file until after you import the theme. Then you can delete it. Keep in mind I can't see the pics you are posting (yet).
                Thanks for stayin' with me, Gary. I followed the 'IMPORT THEME' steps now. The foobar GUI has changed somewhat (I take it that's correct):

Name:	gary_1.png
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	293478

Name:	gary_2.png
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	293479

I am not going to 'IMPORT MUSIC LIBRARY' as yet because - well - I don't have any music! And I am not importing 'WMA' from my old external-HD. I can't wait till the day I wipe all them dodgy compressed mp3s off!

btw - I received a PM from Mr. Spoon (not sure what time it was sent) saying that a max. of 20 x PNGs can be uploaded before the moderating actions come into play. After which, you can upload another 20 x images, I guess. Probably all outlined in the forum 'guidelines' which I should read sometime!
                Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017, 10:10 PM. Reason: screenshot

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Yes. GUI should change a lot.
                  ps you do probably post too many pics. You don't need a pic of *everything*. Just the more complex things that are hard to describe. I've probably posted only 20 pics in total over 3,000+ posts.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Also, go ahead and import the few things you've ripped. You can see how it looks. You only configure the foobar library once. Afterwards any new music that is ripped to that parent directory will automatically show up. And if you ever change the file locations, just go into the foobar menu and point it at the new parent directory. Simple!
                    Last edited by garym; 08-12-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Jul 2017

deleted/moved to https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...(help-)/page21
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017, 10:38 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Hi again, If I check the 'Length' box in the 'Tag ID Options' window (ie. so as to permit this particular tag to show on compatible devices):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1524[/ATTACH]

... and then I call up the 'Create New Tag' on the bottom of the page (as per screenshot):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1523[/ATTACH]

... there is no choice (in the pop-up scroll) for 'Length'!? I would have thought that all of the possible tags offered in the 'Tag ID Options' (first screenshot) would appear in the lower pop-up of 'Create New Tag'. Or do you just have to type in the ones which are missing, please? Thanks
                        no clue. And wrong thread. But if you tick length, the cd ripper will automatically fill in length tag when you rip.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Jul 2017

no clue. And wrong thread. But if you tick length, the cd ripper will automatically fill in length tag when you rip.
                          Have relocated to: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...d=1*post176114

I had two tabs open and inadvertently posted it incorrectly.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Jul 2017

Yes. GUI should change a lot.
                            ps you do probably post too many pics. You don't need a pic of *everything*. Just the more complex things that are hard to describe. I've probably posted only 20 pics in total over 3,000+ posts.
                            Gary, OK, cheers. The GUI does look different but I would not say radically.

OK, no worries, I'll cut back on the uploads. Thanks.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Jul 2017

Also, go ahead and import the few things you've ripped. You can see how it looks. You only configure the foobar library once. Afterwards any new music that is ripped to that parent directory will automatically show up. And if you ever change the file locations, just go into the foobar menu and point it at the new parent directory. Simple!
                              Thanks, I think I will now be able to make a rip 100% perfectly! I must have made over 30 x hash-ups so far! But at least I have learnt. Once I have a few rips on my external-HD I will IMPORT them to get the ball finally rolling. Paul

Comment

• Oggy
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Apr 2015

Thanks, I think I will now be able to make a rip 100% perfectly! I must have made over 30 x hash-ups so far! But at least I have learnt. Once I have a few rips on my external-HD I will IMPORT them to get the ball finally rolling. Paul
                                Hey Paul,

I'm sure that once you got the basic Artist / Album / Track, sorted all of your rips were 100% perfect, and playable on players. But, yes, perfecting album art, which you did very early, and working out the tags that are important to you, takes longer. You can correct these later, but if you, know what you want to achieve, get a good routine going, don't make any mistakes (!), and do this, repeatedly (without mistakes), you can "get it right", first time. Knowing what you want to achieve, and what is achievable, is probably the hard part.

Considering the power and flexibility, of the dBpoweramp software suite, the help available, is very good. I like how your thread progressed, because it shows there is no, one, "right way", as individuals have different preferences, and your screenshots, show input / output, so hopefully, all can understand your choices, and come to their own, easier.

Once you've got a good naming scheme, and I do think more people, could get going quicker, with more choices in default naming strings, seeing how the files display on your player, or Foobar2000, is essential.

We tend to focus far too much, on how folders look, in a Windows environment, rather than how, Foobar, or your player, handles the files. The fact you have a thread on different players, again with screenshots, continues your journey, and shows how the earlier decisions, affect how we locate, display, and play the music we want.

All the best, in filling your hard drive with music files, and, enjoying the results!

Oggy
                                Last edited by Oggy; 08-13-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>