title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

lot of info, but doing all the steps will take only 5 minutes in total!

regarding timeline of player (duration, etc.), I've made a change to my setup that will allow this. Do this (and you can even do this in your current setup without doing my other steps).

FILE > PREFERENCES, click on Default User Interface

on the right under "Playback state display formatting" copy the following string into the "Window title" and the "Status bar" boxes (replacing what's there)
    '*'%track number% '- '%title% %playback_time%/%length% '['%artist% - %album%']' %codec% %bitrate%kbs |%__bitspersample% bits|, '['RG Album %__replaygain_album_gain%/ RG Track %__replaygain_track_gain%']' $if(%hdcd%,HDCD = YES)
    Then at bottom and top of foobar window, right after the track no and name it will show current time played in the track over the total time in the track.

EDIT: re button size, there probably is a way to change, but I have no idea. I can see if you right click on the control bar at top (stop, pause, play, etc.), the popup menu has "customize button" at bottom of list. If you click on this, I see you can highlight a control and click on "change icon". But you'd need to have a replacement icon from somewhere. And it may or may not be bigger. Probably all sorts of ways to customize, but I've never looked into it.

EDIT2: I found this when I googled for "change foobar2000 button size"
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,86099.0.html
    Last edited by garym; 08-10-2017 at 03:38 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    regarding timeline of player (duration, etc.), I've made a change to my setup that will allow this. Do this (and you can even do this in your current setup without doing my other steps).

FILE > PREFERENCES, click on Default User Interface

on the right under "Playback state display formatting" copy the following string into the "Window title" and the "Status bar" boxes (replacing what's there)

Then at bottom and top of foobar window, right after the track no and name it will show current time played in the track over the total time in the track.
    Many thanks Gary,

Do you mean, please, that it only shows you how long each track lasts for?

Foo_1.png

Foo_2.png

Or, like in 'Windows Media Player', it will show the duration as it ticks away on the timeline:

WMP.jpg

Much appreciated.

dBpoweramp Guru

EDIT: re button size, there probably is a way to change, but I have no idea. I can see if you right click on the control bar at top (stop, pause, play, etc.), the popup menu has "customize button" at bottom of list. If you click on this, I see you can highlight a control and click on "change icon". But you'd need to have a replacement icon from somewhere. And it may or may not be bigger. Probably all sorts of ways to customize, but I've never looked into it.

EDIT2: I found this when I googled for "change foobar2000 button size"
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,86099.0.html
    Cheers,

I checked out the forum LINK.

Seems it was back in 2011 this mater was discussed. Not sure if there has been an update since?

It's quite small (I find) but I can live with it for the time being. It's probably something I will put more effort into solving once I have a 100 x CDs ripped later down the line.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Many thanks Gary,

Do you mean, please, that it only shows you how long each track lasts for?

Foo_1.png

Foo_2.png

Or, like in 'Windows Media Player', it will show the duration as it ticks away on the timeline:

WMP.jpg

Much appreciated.
    it will show the time decending as the track plays. So, for example if you have a track that is 5:56 long, you would start playing it and the display at top and bottom of foobar screen will show

5:56/5:56, 5:55/5:56, 5:54/5:56.....0.19/5:56, 0.18/5:56 and so on. (it's not showing all these at once, it's counting down as it plays).

Also, I noticed the forum changed my * to *. Use this::

'*'%track number% '- '%title% %playback_time%/%length% '['%artist% - %album%']' %codec% %bitrate%kbs |%__bitspersample% bits|, '['RG Album %__replaygain_album_gain%/ RG Track %__replaygain_track_gain%']' $if(%hdcd%,HDCD = YES)
    for some odd reason the forum changes 'poundsign symbol' (but use the crosshatch symbol not the word poundsign) to '*' in the string above. Just manually fix after you copy it in.

dBpoweramp Guru

Also, I noticed the forum changed my * to *. Use this::

for some odd reason the forum changes 'poundsign symbol' (but use the crosshatch symbol not the word poundsign) to '*' in the string above. Just manually fix after you copy it in.
    Cheers,

I tried it again substituting the rogue characters, but I still don't be able to seem to get it going I am afraid?:

foo_1.png

foo_2.png

Because of the slight issue with the typos created by this forums text formatting, perhaps you might be so kind as to PM me the 'string' at:

paulseaman1 <at> hotmail.com

I can post a screenshot for everyone once it's working!

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-10-2017 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Cheers,

I tried it again substituting the rogue characters, but I still don't be able to seem to get it going I am afraid?:

foo_1.png

foo_2.png

Because of the slight issue with the typos created by this forums text formatting, perhaps you might be so kind as to PM me the 'string' at:

I can post a screenshot for everyone once it's working!

Thanks a lot.
    try this. should work.

%track number% '- '%title% %playback_time%/%length% '['%artist% - %album%']' %codec% %bitrate%kbs |%__bitspersample% bits|, '['RG Album %__replaygain_album_gain%/ RG Track %__replaygain_track_gain%']' $if(%hdcd%,HDCD = YES)

Last edited by garym; 08-10-2017 at 10:50 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

try this. should work.
    Cheers Gary.

Have just tried it out.

So it displays the real-time duration-count as per screenshot, please?:

foo.png

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Cheers Gary.

Have just tried it out.

So it displays the real-time duration-count as per screenshot, please?:

foo.png

Paul
    I can never see your screenshot postings. They always say "attachments pending approval" and don't work for me. But it seems like oggy can see them.

But you've tried it correct. If so, you should be seeing real time duration count down next to track no and name. Are you not seeing it. Try posting a link to your images via dropbox or something.

dBpoweramp Guru

I can never see your screenshot postings. They always say "attachments pending approval" and don't work for me. But it seems like oggy can see them.

But you've tried it correct. If so, you should be seeing real time duration count down next to track no and name. Are you not seeing it. Try posting a link to your images via dropbox or something.
    Hi Gary,

Yes, the duration-time is in the top left next door to the track-name, thanks.

It is a shame you can not seem to view my screenshots? I might email Mr. Spoon. Others are able to view them though.

Unfortunately, once I have uploaded a screenshot then I delete it from my PC. And so I am not able to re-post them elsewhere now.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Gary,

Yes, the duration-time is in the top left next door to the track-name, thanks.

It is a shame you can not seem to view my screenshots? I might email Mr. Spoon. Others are able to view them though.

Unfortunately, once I have uploaded a screenshot then I delete it from my PC. And so I am not able to re-post them elsewhere now.

Paul
    Actually, I can see your older shots now. Must be some sort of time delay. In any case, it seems the display is working for you. Have you tried the other foobar2000 setup I suggested.

dBpoweramp Guru

I have just emailed the Team. Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Actually, I can see your older shots now. Must be some sort of time delay. In any case, it seems the display is working for you. Have you tried the other foobar2000 setup I suggested.
    Oh, that's weird? Maybe there is a cross-Atlantic delay of sorts?

I will get to your other Foobar configurations later on, thanks.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-11-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi,

Originally, I could see all the screenshots, but on this thread, I'm also seeing, "attachments pending approval". Clicking on the attachment, I get, "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

I've just checked, and the attachments in. Ripping Level Question (help?), seem to be OK.
    Last edited by Oggy; 08-11-2017 at 12:06 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    I've just checked, and the attachments in. Ripping Level Question (help?), seem to be OK.
    Same for me

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Hi,

Originally, I could see all the screenshots, but on this thread, I'm also seeing, "attachments pending approval". Clicking on the attachment, I get, "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Oggy - All the PNGs above open fine at my end? It's a real shame if they don't elsewhere though as I have deleted them all as I go along! - Paul