title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RE: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monsterjazzlick
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jul 2017

Re: Windows Media Player vs. Foobar/dBpa/VLC/Groove-Music

Originally posted by Jailhouse
    I won't be able to see the image for a while. I think, though, your path needs to be F:\FLAC\ (note the ending backslash).
    OK,cheers JH. I will try in the morning with the backslash you kindly mention. I spent over an hour on this earlier and also another hour on the artwork issue. Bit of a soul destroying evening but there you go! Cheers, Paul.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

I won't be able to see the image for a while. I think, though, your path needs to be F:\FLAC\ (note the ending backslash).
      One doesn't type in the music file location in Foobar library. Instead, once you click ADD, it takes you to a popup window that allows you to browse to the correct parent folder and select it. So it's impossible to enter it wrong.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jul 2017

Nice one JH, I added the backward-slash to the PATH and I think it's SAVING correctly now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PATH_1.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	293540

Name:	PATH_2.png
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	293541

It created a dedicated folder for the artist 'Weather Report', and placed the ripped CD inside. I will test it with another album by 'Weather Report' next. And it did not create an unwanted GENRE folder either. Hopefully it won't keep creating extraneous folders like yesterday! Cheers, Paul.
        Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-26-2017, 04:42 PM. Reason: screenshot

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
          One doesn't type in the music file location in Foobar library. Instead, once you click ADD, it takes you to a popup window that allows you to browse to the correct parent folder and select it. So it's impossible to enter it wrong.
          Hi Gary, foobar is now successfully picking-up (monitoring) the FLAC folder updates as I add more rips to the Dell external-HD folder. Thanks, Paul

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

Hi, I do have a couple of questions about searching in foobar, but I will leave them until I have gotten dBpa totally sorted out. Cheers, Paul

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jul 2017

Hi Gary, It is set now to how you recommended, thanks. Paul

Name:	PATH.png
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	293542

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
                Hi, I do have a couple of questions about searching in foobar, but I will leave them until I have gotten dBpa totally sorted out. Cheers, Paul
                In the search bar, you can type anything you want and hit ENTER. Then in your album list, artist list, etc. you'll see all the results. For example, in the pic attached, I typed "Miles Davis" in the search bar and it pulled up 30 albums that had some sort of Miles Davis connection.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	293543

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jul 2017

In the search bar, you can type anything you want and hit ENTER. Then in your album list, artist list, etc. you'll see all the results. For example, in the pic attached, I typed "Miles Davis" in the search bar and it pulled up 30 albums that had some sort of Miles Davis connection.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1603[/ATTACH]
                  Cheers Gary. The attachment says: 'Invalid link', though? Paul

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
                    Cheers Gary. The attachment says: 'Invalid link', though? Paul
                    hmmm, I see it when I click. In any case, it's easy to see where. In your foobar, when you have highlighted "Library Selection" under playlists (far upper left), then you should see the search bar above the "genre" column. Just enter anything in there and hit ENTER key.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Jul 2017

JH, It is now placing double-CDs correctly in respective folders for each disc. So I think all is well here. I will now test with a CD by a completely different artist. Cheers, Paul

Name:	Folder.png
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	293544
                      Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-26-2017, 06:36 PM. Reason: screenshot

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Jul 2017

Hi, it's creating a NEW folder correctly for a NEW artist also!

Name:	Artist.png
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	293545

Going to take a look at removing the 'embedded' arts from my earlier rips now ...

Comment

• Jailhouse
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Sep 2016

I set up foobar in late 2014 and haven't had to deal with configuring the library location since then. I'm hard-pressed to remember procedures I don't often use. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• garym
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Nov 2007

I set up foobar in late 2014 and haven't had to deal with configuring the library location since then. I'm hard-pressed to remember procedures I don't often use. Thanks for the clarification.
                            Yeah, I have some things configured so long ago I have no memory of what I did.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Jul 2017

hmmm, I see it when I click. In any case, it's easy to see where. In your foobar, when you have highlighted "Library Selection" under playlists (far upper left), then you should see the search bar above the "genre" column. Just enter anything in there and hit ENTER key.
                              Cheers Gary, So I think you mean here:

Name:	search.png
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	293549

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Jul 2017

Hi Gary, One of the questions I was going to ask about foobar was that in the top left, my list of ARTISTS appears 'Z-A'. Is there way to switch it to 'A-Z', please?

Name:	artist.png
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	293555

Comment

Working...

]]>