title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multi-Channel CD /SACD rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rennie
    • Aug 2017

Multi-Channel CD /SACD rip

I have tried to find a clear answer to this question but no such luck, so before I purchase this software.

I have multiple SACD and Multi-Channel CD's that I want to rip to my NAS and then be able to play them with the same quality and multi-channel the original CD's were cut.

What software do I need to be able to do this and how? I am use to ripping standard CD's to my NAS but I want to do the same with my high quality SACDs and Multi-Channel disk?

Thanks in advance
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multi-Channel CD /SACD rip

SACD, to read the sacd layer (as apposed to the standard CD layer) you would need a special hacked PS3, these are very rare...

The multi-channel CDs you would have to forward links to show the format they are in.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rennie
      • Aug 2017

Thanks Spoon,
      I have a player that i can play them on already so that isnt the problem I was just trying to rip them so I wouldnt have to pull out the CD everytime I wanted to play.
      I have Eric Clapton Slowhand
      George Benson Breezin
      Miles Davis Kind of Blue
      These are all SACD/ Multi-Channel Stereo, some are hybrid Multichannel SACD

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Have a look at this thread for more info: DSD ripping

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Rennie
          I have multiple SACD and Multi-Channel CD's that I want to rip to my NAS and then be able to play them with the same quality and multi-channel the original CD's were cut.
          Are your Multi-Channel discs SACD, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio or Blu-ray audio discs?

I believe DVD Audio Extractor will extract multi-channel formats from DVD-Video, DVD-Audio and Blu-ray audio discs.
          Last edited by mville; 08-01-2017, 05:55 PM. Reason: added reference to DVD Audio Extractor

Comment

• Larrymagoo
            • Dec 2017

Does DB Poweramp make software that will let me rip SACD's to my Computer for playback in Multi-channel?

Comment

• NewfieKayakHead
              • Dec 2017

I have a hacked PS3 and can rip SACD into iso. I use JRiver to convert them in dsf file. Here are my questions: Can I use the Music Converter (MC) to normalize the volume? I have managed to use JRiver to convert dsf to flac and then use MC to normalize and then use JRiver to convert flac back to dsf. It works but complicated. Is there a better way? Also, I don't know how to add SACD encoder in dbPoweramp. Any suggestions?

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Larrymagoo
                Does DB Poweramp make software that will let me rip SACD's to my Computer for playback in Multi-channel?
                No.

Comment

• Chalkhillian
                  • Jan 2018

Foobar2000 can open SACD ISO files and convert them to 5.1 FLAC or wav files. I also use AudioMuxer to extract 5.1 streams from bluerays. You can select which stream you want as the blueray usually has DTS and PCM 5.1 mixes as well as a PCM 2.0.

Comment

Working...

]]>