title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Ripping Level Question (help?)

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi, somewhere in this thread there is a NAMING STRING which relates to the maximum length of characters (ie 240 not 260), and also to correct handle compilations. I am not sure I have the correct one pasted into dBpa (on my home PC) as it should start with the max-characters:

Attachment 1590

I can't seem to find the post among these 27 pages?! Thanks, Paul.
    It was in a different thread. And by the way, you should be creating a WORD file for yourself where you cut and paste important notes, instructions, naming themes, etc. Preferably with a few subheadings so you can find things easily. Also save any files people post that you might want to use again (e.g., foobar theme). This will come in very handy. I have all sorts of stuff stored away like this and it is useful when I forget.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP][genre]\Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][genre]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    It was in a different thread. And by the way, you should be creating a WORD file for yourself where you cut and paste important notes, instructions, naming themes, etc. Preferably with a few subheadings so you can find things easily. Also save any files people post that you might want to use again (e.g., foobar theme). This will come in very handy. I have all sorts of stuff stored away like this and it is useful when I forget.
    Thanks Gary, I really appreciate you locating that for me! I have pasted it into dBpa now.

To be honest, I had no idea I would be posting as much as I have done on here, nor receiving anywhere near as many replies! Do you mean copy&pasting important references into a Word doc., please? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks Gary, I really appreciate you locating that for me! I have pasted it into dBpa now.

To be honest, I had no idea I would be posting as much as I have done on here, nor receiving anywhere near as many replies! Do you mean copy&pasting important references into a Word doc., please? Thanks.
    Yes, copying and pasting important tips, instructions, etc. into your own WORD doc for your own later reference. People on this forum are friendly and helpful. But eventually, they won't be if asked to provide the same exact information 3 times.

Also it is good to learn how to search the forum well. Sometimes a google search is more specific. I found the maxlength reference in about 5 seconds with a google search. To use google to search the forum, do a google search and include the site info before your search, such as:

site: forum.dbpoweramp.com "search terms"

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Do you have an art FOLDER in your album folder? How do you make that happen? Don't you have album art files within a single folder rather than a folder for art? Also, you have never been clear about how you add art. Is it embedded in each file? Is it a file within the album folder (folder.jpg, cover.jpg or ???.jpg). Or do you do both. This is an important question.
    Hi Gary, I meant the JPeg file (in the album-folder) is called 'Folder' (ie. it is automatically given this title when you 'EXPORT to folder.jpeg', during an image modification when using ID EDIT TAG).

On good day, all being well, I add the art (or go along with what CD Ripper has sourced) when I rip the CD. Foobar is set to read EXTERNAL rather than EMBEDDED (art). As far as I am aware, dBpa is set to configure EXTERNAL rather than EMBEDDED. Many thanks, Paul

Art_1.png

Art_2.png

Art_3.png

Art_4.png

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, copying and pasting important tips, instructions, etc. into your own WORD doc for your own later reference. People on this forum are friendly and helpful. But eventually, they won't be if asked to provide the same exact information 3 times.

Also it is good to learn how to search the forum well. Sometimes a google search is more specific. I found the maxlength reference in about 5 seconds with a google search. To use google to search the forum, do a google search and include the site info before your search, such as:
    OK Gary, I had not thought of using google. Every time I ran a search within this forum, no results seemed to ever be produced! Cheers.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-25-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Gary, I meant the JPeg file (in the album-folder) is called 'Folder' (ie. it is automatically given this title when you 'EXPORT to folder.jpeg', during an image modification when using ID EDIT TAG).

On good day, all being well, I add the art (or go along with what CD Ripper has sourced) when I rip the CD. Foobar is set to read EXTERNAL rather than EMBEDDED (art). As far as I am aware, dBpa is set to configure EXTERNAL rather than EMBEDDED. Many thanks, Paul
    You should know whether you are embedding art as well. It's a setting. Make sure "album art" is not ticked in id tags and metadata settings. see:

Capture.JPG

dBpoweramp Guru

You should know whether you are embedding art as well. It's a setting. Make sure "album art" is not ticked in id tags and metadata settings. see:

Capture.JPG
    Hi Gary, the box was CHECKED on both of my machines! Do you think it will have messed up all of the rips I have made to date?! Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Gary, the box was CHECKED on both of my machines! Do you think it will have messed up all of the rips I have made to date?! Thanks.
    no, didn't mess them up. but you now have both embedded and external art. To get rid of all the embedded art, select the parent directory of all your music files, open them in ID TAG UPDATE, and delete the embedded art. Something like that.

dBpoweramp Guru

no, didn't mess them up. but you now have both embedded and external art. To get rid of all the embedded art, select the parent directory of all your music files, open them in ID TAG UPDATE, and delete the embedded art. Something like that.
    Mmm, OK. Well that will keep me busy for the time being! Will try and suss it out over the w/e. Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

The box was CHECKED on both of my machines! Do you think it will have messed up all of the rips I have made to date?!
    You posted the image of Edit ID-Tag showing different album art in the files you used to test using front and back covers. That's how I knew you had embedded art. (It could also have been the case that you had somehow embedded art in some files and not others; that's still a difference and you'd see the same thing.)

As Gary said, it's no problem; basically, they're just unwanted tags. Use Edit ID-Tag to delete the art from the files. (I was manually deleting tags from my files last week and found I still had album art in some of them. Edit ID-Tag is my friend.)

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you mean copy&pasting important references into a Word doc., please?
    It doesn't have to be Word; I use Notepad.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    I should have done that from the outset but at the time I would never have predicted the amount of correspondence on here between everyone.

dBpoweramp Guru

You posted the image of Edit ID-Tag showing different album art in the files you used to test using front and back covers. That's how I knew you had embedded art. (It could also have been the case that you had somehow embedded art in some files and not others; that's still a difference and you'd see the same thing.)

As Gary said, it's no problem; basically, they're just unwanted tags. Use Edit ID-Tag to delete the art from the files. (I was manually deleting tags from my files last week and found I still had album art in some of them. Edit ID-Tag is my friend.)
    Cheers JH, I knew something was wrong but I just couldn't fathom it out. I was scrolling through many past replies but to no avail.

Hopefully I will be able to get it sorted now though. I have spent many hours on dBpa but I think it will be well worth it in the end when everything is up and running. Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

As long as its not MS Excel !

dBpoweramp Guru

As long as its not MS Excel !
    Excel can be used with the Utility Codec, Audio Info.
    Last edited by Oggy; 08-26-2017 at 04:12 AM.