title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I make 64-bit codecs available to R16 after upgrade from 32-bit R14

Unhappy How do I make 64-bit codecs available to R16 after upgrade from 32-bit R14

I recently purchased an upgrade from R14 to R16 and installed the 64-bit version. All looked good and my R14 settings (primarily encoder settings in CD Ripper) transferred over. I noticed that R14 (32-bit app) remained installed but didn't think anything of it. I then decided to added some additional codecs so downloaded and installed DirectShow and m4a packages. The problem is, the additional codecs do not show up in R16; however they do appear in the old R14 version.

I examined the install locations for both versions of dBpoweramp and I see the new codecs (e.g. in the R14 encoder folder I see "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a FDK (AAC).dll" with a date/timestamp that matches the day I installed it; however, the 64-bit R16 encoder folder does not have the new codec files.

It occurred to me that I might be able to resolve this by uninstalling the codec packages and uninstalling R14; however, I no longer see an entry for R14 in the Control Panel "Uninstall ... a Program" applet.

Administrator

Re: How do I make 64-bit codecs available to R16 after upgrade from 32-bit R14

Manually delete the dBpoweramp folder which can be found in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\

Thanks, Spoon

Uninstalling the codecs, renaming the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp" and re-installing the codecs looks to have worked.

First of all you have to remove all old codecs from system and then install new codecs