title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New Classical Music Tags Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon Moakes
    • Feb 2009

New Classical Music Tags Problem

Hi,

Firstly, can I thank you for adding the new Work and Movement tag options to the "Classical" genre tag entry in OSX 16.1.

However, I have noticed that although "work", "movement no." and "movement name" all work fine, the "movement count" entries do not show up in iTunes. So I have to manually enter the "movement count" for each composition I import into iTunes. The tag is written to the file, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with iTunes.

Is this a very minor glitch that will be fixed in the next OSX update release?

Cheers.

**Since writing this post earlier today I have now noticed that all the new classical music tags are not showing up in iTunes. Did this glitch appear in the last update release, as it was partially working before?**
    Last edited by Simon Moakes; 07-17-2017, 11:32 AM.
  • soundnerd
    • May 2015

Re: New Classical Music Tags Problem

I cannot comment on Simon, as I don´t use iTunes so far.

But there seems to be a general misunderstanding of the Work/Movement concept in Poweramp.
    In my opinion it should appear as part of the Manual Meta Review page, not on top of the whole main window.

I´m digitizing mostly CDAs which I have recorded myself
    In the state it currently is, I have to enter each title twice, one time for the Meta fields, one time for iTunes. It would be great if I could edit the metadata on one page (automatic filling?) using copy and paste, instead of having to switch between two pages...

but anyway... Thank you for implementing this feature!

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Sorry about slow reply.

What file format are you ripping to?

I tested with M4A and iTunes appears to pick our movement count tag just fine, as well as the other tags. If you have a file tagged by dBpoweramp with classical tags that iTunes could not read back, please email a sample to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

Comment

• Simon Moakes
        • Feb 2009

Hi PeterP,

I am ripping to AIFF files, so I would have assumed these were as compatible as M4A files in iTunes.

I will rip another disc and email you an AIFF file shortly.

Regards,

Simon.

Comment

Working...

]]>