title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Output Dynamic Naming Help Please

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russ G
    • Jul 2017

Output Dynamic Naming Help Please

I am ripping CDs to FLAC files, and the folder structure is L:\FLAC Files\Various Artists\Filename. I would like to convert these files to MP3 files using parallel construction for the dynamic naming as follows: L\MP3 Files\Various Artists\Filename. In other words, identical structure, except the the parent folder should be MP3 Files instead of FLAC files. As simple as this would seem, I've tried various attempts at dynamic naming with no luck. I'd appreciate it if someone could provide the correct dynamic naming string to accomplish this.

Even better, (and with apologies, I realize this should be in another forum), I'd really like to rip the FLAC and MP3 files in one step using the multi encoder feature of the CD Ripper, so if anybody knows how to accomplish the same result as above using the multi encoder, I'd also appreciate instructions on how to do that.

Thanks,

Russ
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Output Dynamic Naming Help Please

In CD Ripper set 'Rip To' as multi-encoder.

Click Add encoder, choose FLAC and for 'output to' choose Edit dynamic naming, set the Base location to:

L:\Flac Files\

and set the Dynamic naming to:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

(you can edit this to match)

Do the same for mp3, click Add encoder and set base path to L:\mp3 files\
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Russ G
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      In CD Ripper set 'Rip To' as multi-encoder.

Click Add encoder, choose FLAC and for 'output to' choose Edit dynamic naming, set the Base location to:

L:\Flac Files\

and set the Dynamic naming to:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

(you can edit this to match)

Do the same for mp3, click Add encoder and set base path to L:\mp3 files\
      Thanks, Spoon! I will give that a try. As a follow up, if I was ripping single-artist CDs instead of Various Artists compilations, how would the code change? My structure for single artist CDs is L:\FLAC Files\Artist\Album\Track - Title.

Also, would the dynamic naming string that you gave for the CD Ripper be the same for the Batch Converter?

I've been a user of EAC for many years, and just recently purchased the Family Pack for dBpoweramp Reference. Soooo much better. Congratulations on bringing such a great product to the market!

Thanks for the support,

Russ

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

In the naming string:

The section:

[IFCOMP]Various Artists[]

Detects a compilation (various artist) CD and writes to Various Artists
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>