title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

different art search if artist is named Costello, Elvis than if Elvis Costello

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psweetie
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2016

different art search if artist is named Costello, Elvis than if Elvis Costello

The latter more consistently finds a PerfectTunes cover than if it is passed with the names swapped. As my library is stored as the latter that is a bit of a pain . . .

Philip
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: different art search if artist is named Costello, Elvis than if Elvis Costello

Perfect Tunes will only search as their name is normally not swapped, the ArtistSort tag is their for this purpose.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• psweetie
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2016

Re: different art search if artist is named Costello, Elvis than if Elvis Costello

Except that by no means every player uses these sort tags and then order is very messy so all my collection is stored in directories that are surname, forename and the artist and album artist are held in same format
      Philip

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by psweetie
        Except that by no means every player uses these sort tags and then order is very messy so all my collection is stored in directories that are surname, forename and the artist and album artist are held in same format
        Philip
        Your directories are fine, but I suggest you change your behaviour and use the artist and album artist tags and their respective artist sort and album artist sort tags. Server/player software that does not support sort tags, IMO is NOT worth considering and may present other shortcomings later.

Comment

• psweetie
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Feb 2016

Not sure that is all that helpful. My main hi-fi setup is top end and is served by asset so clearly sort tags can be made to be useful, although you have to rely on the server side sorting things as the naim software )admittedly not their strength) does not recognise them so some options are off the table. The issue is more when putting it on portable players and in the car where even album artist is rarely recognised let alone sort tags.

Comment

Working...

]]>