title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Hiatt (2014) Terms Of My Surrender - Hidden First Track

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: John Hiatt (2014) Terms Of My Surrender - Hidden First Track

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Oggy,

if you like Christy Moore, you will love his brother Luka Bloom. I own all of his records and I've seen him live several times.

Dat Ei

Hi Dat Ei,

Does Riverside, The Accoustic Motorbike and Turf, sound like a good starting point?

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Oggy,

Riverside has been my personal starting point. I've bern introduced to Luka Bloom in a High End studio during a speaker test. This record is audiophil.
    I would recommend Amsterdam or An Afternoon in Kildare as the second record of Luka, because this records tell a lot about Luka, his life performing and his personality.

Dat Ei

I held off on Christy Moore and Luka Bloom, But I did finish off my Guy Clark catalog today. I had ordered 11 of his CDs, liked what I heard so today I ordered another five of his CDs. Maybe I'll order Christy and Luka next month?

Thank you for the recommendation.

I archive the original after ripping. Now I will burn a working set for my vehicle.

dBpoweramp Guru

life performing should have been live performing in my last post.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Oggy,

if you like Christy Moore, you will love his brother Luka Bloom. I own all of his records and I've seen him live several times.

Dat Ei
    Dat Ei,

You were right! Only received The Accoustic Motorbike, so far, and also took your advice on Amsterdam.

Given The Accoustic Motorbike, a couple of listens, and really like what I heard: a great storyteller and singer. Funnily enough, the only time he reminded me of Christy, was on the "rap" tracks - looking forward to hearing more, thank you.

If you haven't got her music, another Irish singer I highly recommend, is Sinéad Lohan. Her debut album, Who Do You Think I Am, sounds incredible, and the more successful follow up, No Mermaid, won her some more admirers.

Oggy
    Last edited by Oggy; 08-04-2017 at 04:14 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Oggy,

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    You were right! Only received The Accoustic Motorbike, so far, and also took your advice on Amsterdam.
    thanks for your feedback! But nevertheless - don't miss 'Riverside'!

If you haven't got her music, another Irish singer I highly recommend, is Sinéad Lohan. Her debut album, Who Do You Think I Am, sounds incredible, and the more successful follow up, No Mermaid, won her some more admirers.
    Thanks for the tip - I will look for her works... I'm always interested in Music which is new to me.

Dat Ei

Oggy[/QUOTE]

dBpoweramp Guru

No problem, Dat Ei, it is always good to talk and discover new music!

Riverside, Amsterdam and Turf, are on the way; I'm not sure how I completely missed, Luka!

Next time you go to a Hi-Fi listening session, ask them to play, track 9, If I Go, from, Who Do You Think I Am - it blows most people away.
    Last edited by Oggy; 08-07-2017 at 01:23 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi,

I have listened to Jazz since about 1980. I do like some other types of music but mainly I like and listen to Jazz:

Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Weather report, etc.

Cheers,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Oggy, thanks for your feedback! But nevertheless - don't miss 'Riverside'!
    Hi Dat Ei,

All the Luka, CDs, arrived safely, and all great additions to my library.

Initially surprised, but not disappointed, how less traditional, he is, in comparison with Christy, I fully understand your appreciation, of his music.

Riverside and Amsterdam, are indeed, excellent, and I'm sure all the albums will give pleasure from repeated listens.

Cheers!

Oggy

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Oggy,

Initially surprised, but not disappointed, how less traditional, he is, in comparison with Christy, I fully understand your appreciation, of his music.
    Luka played a different, more traditional style in the times when he performed under his real name Barry Moore (til end of 70s). But he had some problems with his picking hand - tendonitis did serious damage to his picking hand. So he changed his style of guitar playing, moved over to the US for a few years and changed his name to Luka.

I like the warm and rich sound of his voice and guitar.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Oggy,

just a short information for you. Yesterday I've received a newsletter from Luka. He will release a new album in october. You can preorder it on his website. The first 500 copies will be signed.

Dat Ei