title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Converter will not display my folders R16.1

Batch Converter will not display my folders R16.1

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone else has experienced my problem and if there's a quick fix.
    I recently upgraded to R16.1. Previously i had no issues. During upgrade, I instructed try Mac to replace the existing dB Package.
    Now, Batch Converter does not display my files and folders. Though I can easily add multiples through Music Converter and have no issue with CD converter.

Super Moderator

Re: Batch Converter will not display my folders R16.1

Thanks for your feedback.

Please make a picture of what batch converter looks like and post it.

We've had a similar report before but there was not enough information as we don't get anything resembling this issue on our machines.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 22.54.26.png

Thank you for your reply.
    This is the screen i welcomed with on launch of Batch Coverter.

Please excuse schoolboy typo's. I'm a tad tired :-)

Administrator

You are using OSX, I am sorry to say that Windows Media Audio is not supported in OS X, it is a Microsoft only codec.

Hi Spoon,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I think one of us has the wrong end of the stick and as you're the expert, it's probably me!
    In the previous release that I ran (14.something) when i launched Batch Converter, my entire directory structure was displayed, allowing me to select whatever directories/files i required and then I could select the output format. Wav, ALAC or FLAC were my usual choices. In this version as you can see from my posted screen grab, it turns up blank.
    I have scoured the settings and can not see where i am going wrong with this. If all else fails, I can always roll back to my previous release.
    Thoughts?

Cheers,
    C.

Administrator

Sorry it is actually me who has the wrong end of the stick, I thought I was replying to a different thread...

The issue is the tree to the left has gone, move the mouse to the left side and see if you can pickup the tree resizer bar and drag to the right.

Super Moderator

The left pane appears to have null size for you. This should not be possible, but apparently somehow does happen and not just for you.

For reference - what exact kind of mac do you have? In particular, what screen size / resolution?

Super Moderator

Apparently I cannot recreate this issue on development systems. However I added a safeguard to prevent left pane from becoming null-sized.

New beta version posted-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...R16-2-beta-Mac

Please install and see if it makes the problem go away.

Spoon, apologies for my late reply. I've a lot to deal with right now, but your beta release has done the trick for me!
    I'm very grateful for your time in solving this headache.
    I'm happy again :-)

Cheers,
    C.

And I've just noticed it's Peter P and not Spoon!
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    The left pane appears to have null size for you. This should not be possible, but apparently somehow does happen and not just for you.

For reference - what exact kind of mac do you have? In particular, what screen size / resolution?
    I am running a dinosaur! A late 2008 Macbook Pro. OSX El Capitan 10.11.6. Resolution 1440x900 on a 15.4 screen via NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 256 MB.

Though the addition of 8Gb RAM and an SSD has given it a new lease of life! Until the end of El Capitan at least. 2 years left, i think :-)