title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album Art Priority

Question Album Art Priority

Does anyone know how dBpoweramp prioritizes album art? Will it use local album art (on the CD) over album art retrieved from the internet? Also, since dBpoweramp only rips audio files from CDs, would all the folder.jpg files be imports from the internet?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Album Art Priority

Hey Gradriar,

as Audio CDs (Red Book Standard) have no album arts on itself at all, all album arts are retrieved from the internet. You can use your onw album arts, stored on or scanned by your system.

Dat Ei

Good to know!

Thanks.

Hi can anyone help, new member and computer novice.
    With regard to album art, on some of my cd rips the dbpoweramp internet search only finds poor quality examples. Is there an easy way to import my own artwork using google which in some cases finds better examples.
    Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

If you are using version 16, look next to the album art display at the bottom, there is a "..." Click on it, numerous choices including paste from clipboard and scan from scanner. You can also drag JPG files into the display. I have my scanner next to my computer desk, and often scan the artwork when the correct art doesn't come up immediately. Much faster to scan it than wandering through the Internet looking for it. Version 15 and earlier I recall had a + next to the art for the menu. You may have to delete the art already there first or the tag might contain both arts.

Hi
    Thanks you've been a great help...
    George