title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album art question

Album art question

I have just gotten PerfectTunes and have some questions about best use. My setup requires that album art is seen as Folder.jpg which is PT default as I understand. I have a 500 album folder that I want to use PT on to update the artwork. To allow it to start from scratch I have deleted ALL .jpg files that were in the library folder so all folders just contain the tracks themselves. I then ran PT and when it finished, it said only 100 albums had no artwork and that, presumably, the other 400 were fine. This artwork doesn't show up for me (as indicated above)

1) I am assuming that it is finding embedded artwork in those 400 files and marking them as OK?
    2) If this is correct (I'm just guessing) then that embedded art is of no use to me. Can I make PT add Folder.jpg automatically to ALL of the albums without me having to do each album manually?

I may be misunderstanding the process of course. Any guidance I could get about how to automatically add Folder.jpg art to ALL 500 albums would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Lee

Administrator

Re: Album art question

1) Yes

You would need to remove the embedded art, dBpoweramp can do this, if you install dBpoweramp and the ID Tag Update utility codec, you can use batch converter to convert your library to [ID Tag Update] with the option to remove art set within the ID Tag Update options page.

Also note PerfectTUNES will by default embed album art as well as folder.jpg, so change that on the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1) Yes

You would need to remove the embedded art, dBpoweramp can do this, if you install dBpoweramp and the ID Tag Update utility codec, you can use batch converter to convert your library to [ID Tag Update] with the option to remove art set within the ID Tag Update options page.

Also note PerfectTUNES will by default embed album art as well as folder.jpg, so change that on the options.
    Thanks Spoon. I have the latest dBpoweramp already and will certainly try this. I didn't know this was possible.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1) Yes

Hi again Spoon:
    Sorry for my lack of computer literacy but I am stuck. I have downloaded the codec you described and it says that it has installed. When I start up batch converter, select the library folder and let it generate the conversion list, I don't see where the option is to do the tag update. i still just see the options I had before (MP3, FLAC etc) Where do I find the option to modify the tags?

Thanks in advance
    Lee

Administrator

You click 'Convert' in Batch Converter, then where you select the encoder on the next page [ID Tag Update] is listed for selection.

Spoon: Even though the codec says it installed successfully it does not appear in the drop down window with the other Codecs. There is no change there. I will try the installation again but at least I know now where o look for it.

Thanks

Administrator

Did you have an older version of dBpoweramp installed? such as R14 or earlier?

Did you install dBpoweramp to a different location than its default offered location?

Thanks Spoon. You were right on both counts. I have now reinstalled in the correct folder and all is working just as I hoped. Thanks for your excellent support.