title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Asset R6 beta [Mac, Linux]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Extended log features - helpful to clarify differences in title count ?

Actual status:

- Asset on Mac mini pointing to Synology counts correct figure (27.032 tracks), irrespective of protocol (AFP or SMB).

- Asset on Win10-PC count result show smaller difference (27.027 tracks, i.e. only 5 missing).

- Changes of SMB version on Synology have no impact on count result on RasPi
    (possible SMB versions:
    = min V1 + max V1,
    = min V1 + max V2,
    = min v1 + max V3,
    = min V2 + max V2,
    = min V2 + max V3).
    RasPi connects to share under any SMB version, Win10 requires at least SMB V2. SMB version was found to be important for Kodi / LibreElec
    (see http://https://libreelec.tv/2017/09/...n-v8-1-2-beta/ re. problems due to SAMBA changes).

- Log created during "Rescan all" has 169.704 lines, detailed analysis will take some more time.

- Remembering similar differences in track count under Windows resulted in the past from too long file names, will find out next if such files exist.
    Last edited by Niko; 10-23-2017 at 01:07 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Actual status:

- RasPi decreased performance day by day. Ping resulted in 50 % to 75 % failure. Installed Asset 5.1.1 instead - no changes in response times, maybe defective SD-card.

- Installed Asset 5.1.1 instead directly on Synology - now 27.032 tracks shown as expected. Result: It was the RasPi, shall try with new SD-card and perhaps with another RasPi.

- Next analysis will be why 5 tracks are still missing on Win10-PC.

Super Moderator

Regarding missing files-
    You can extract a list of file names found by Asset as well as do various other database diagnostics using SQLite browser: http://sqlitebrowser.org/
    You need to extract uMediaLibraryMainDBv5.bin (for Asset R6) or a similarly named file for earlier versions, from Asset's configuration directory and open it with SQLite browser. This works to some extent with all Asset versions out there, though the exact SQL format will vary, and older Asset versions did not store actual filenames in the SQL but in an external binary file that SQLite browser cannot process.

In order to get a list of media files in the library, execute the following SQL on your uMediaLibraryMainDBv5.bin database:
    SELECT FileName FROM uMediaTable

[edit]
    Forgot to mention - the easiest way to get to your database file is via 'download configuration dump' feature, it will be right there in the exported tarball.
    Last edited by PeterP; 10-31-2017 at 01:05 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Regarding missing files-
    <cut>

In order to get a list of media files in the library, execute the following SQL on your uMediaLibraryMainDBv5.bin database:
    SELECT FileName FROM uMediaTable
    Thanks, Peter, for your reply. Will try as you suggested.

Actual status: Tried another RasPi 2, where I freshly installed Asset 5.1.1 (reg) and Asset 6.5. Guess what - once again 25 files missing, although Asset natively on Synology finds the right title count ...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Actual status:

- found uMediaLibraryMainDBv5.bin in /home/pi/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4 and copied it to a suitable place
    - downloaded and installed SQLite browser - great tool, thanks ! - and extracted the FileName column to textfile1.txt
    - found out that DOS dir-command is unable to handle latin and greek characters in a file correctly, used "ls -l -R -h > textfile2.txt" under OS X instead

Other:
    - had Asset 6.5 pointing to QNAP TS-453a instead - and the title count result was correct !

Next steps:
    - textfile2.txt to be imported into Excel to enable combination of path and filename so that the result looks as in textfile1.txt
    - the result and textfile2.txt to be imported into another Excel sheet to get compared line by line to find out the missing filename lines
    - the respective files will be made available to you via DropBox, if there are no obvious reasons that they are not recogtnized by Asset

Unfortunately, I have to stop at this point because I will be occupied by other activities during the next days, and I will revert as soon as I have new results.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset R6 beta [Mac, Linux]

Long start-up time for Asset R6 on RPi2

Can I understand that it is the fact that I now have 739 PNG images in the AssetUserUpstreamImages library under uMediaLibrary-v4, some 1.2GB of images for individual Artist images, is causing the long start-up time on my Asset served library. This is a few minutes.
    Is this is to be expected on the RPi2 platform? Can it be optimized? Not that is causing any problems, as I don't restart Asset very often, and once started it works perfectly.

Plus I am about halfway through my library, in detecting a custom image for each artist listed, so there will be more images going into this library, as it is a great feature and makes browsing of the library much better, to have an image for the Artist, then navigate to the Albums offered, each with its own Album Artwork.

Thanks
    Simon.

I now have multiple instances of Asset running on my QNAP HS-251 NAS.It works perfectly, does exactly what I require. Very little time and effort required in the set-up and worked first time.
    A couple of my client machines do not support anything higher than 16/44.1 FLAC music files. One of them, the Roberts 93i radio/player, crashed whenever I tried to play a higher res file. I have moved all high-res FLAC to a separate folder on the NAS. I have set up two instances of Asset, one that includes all music folders, and the second that does not pick up the high-res folder. Works a dream on all client machines. I am now going to create further instances for DSD rips and for 5.1 channel FLAC files, as I can play each of these can on a single client only.
    Fantastic, really pleased this function is finally available within Asset.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Could I request a new feature?

ReplyGain setting based on file format. So for DSF files I would like to boost gain by 6dB during playback.

Thanks, Simon

Administrator

Now Released