title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset R6 beta [Mac, Linux]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Asset R6 beta [Mac, Linux]

Asset UPnP R6 beta is now available for Mac/Linux platforms.

Current version: beta 6

<now released>

Main changes since R5
    • New Feature: Asset Collections: create add additional asset instances, each with different audio libraries
    • Indexer can exclude specific artists, genres, etc
    • New option to set the static tree icon backgrounds a set color, defaults to black
    • Added new option to rename shown text in browse tree, or map tags to different values, see Asset Configuration >> Advanced >>
    • User Rename List (Display /Tag mapping)
    • New option to combine multi-disc albums as one album (disc 2 would have tracks offseted from 100) enabled by default
    • Improved Linux web interface, made apply button semantics more obvious as that it was confusing before
    • Mac OS 10.9 is now the oldest supported Mac OS for the Asset application.
      It's still possible to extract and manually launch service itself on older Mac OS versions.

Changes in beta 2
    • Fixed multiple web config bugs
    • Added missing browse tree editor options, "new albums" and others
    • Web config cosmetic tweaks, made various Apply buttons larger

Changes in beta 3
    • Fixed a bug preventing auto-descending browse tree items from working

Changes in beta 4
    • M3U8 playlist file reading fixes.
    • Web configuration tweaks - links open in new tabs to prevent loss of not-yet-applied edits.

Changes in beta 5
    • Added missing multi disc album handling options.
    • Fixed debug log writing regressions.

Changes in beta 6
    • Fixed seeking in ALAC files.
    • Fixed folder browsing not working on mac.
    • Folder browsing now also picks folder images from images embedded in audio file tags.
    Last edited by Spoon; 12-19-2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: beta 6

Re: Asset R6 beta [Mac, Linux]

Thanks! It's fantastic to have multiple instances running on one machine under Linux.
    Even more because the Windows v6 never really worked for me.

I found a first bug:
    When I try to change the browse tree of an additional instance via "Edit Browse Tree as plain text"
    the program jumps to the main instance and only the browse tree of the main instance is changed instead.

"Edit Browse Tree" seems to work for all instances
    but why can't all entries like e.g. "New Albums" be found in the select list here?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok, seems to work ok - complete library scan on my 75k track library takes under 24-hours on a RPi 2.

Like how Compilation is without 'Yes'

How do you use the 'AssetUserUpstreamImages' folder?

Thanks,
    Simon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just getting this up and running and single instance working fine. Excuse my ignorance but how do I get two servers running on the RPi and where would the config files be for both . . .?

Philip

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Have now managed to get two instances running on my RPi with no real issues and have them including files based on a new grouping attribute so all working well. My main instance is called ROCK and the second instance CLASSICAL. When I try and edit the browse tree in plain text on the CLASSICAL instance and hit the apply button, it reverts to ROCK and makes the save, meaning I cannot edit the tree for the second instance.

Philip

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Also, I have added the grouping attribute into databasefields in ~/.dBpoweramp but it is not picked up by the second instance so there must be a separate config directory somewhere for each instance . . .

Philip

The QNAP link goes to a web page with binary coding, not the option to download the package. Can this be fixed?
    The other OS versions seem to be OK
    Thanks
    Howard

Administrator

Your web browser is not configured correctly, you can try a different browser, or reset the security levels.

Thanks Spoon, it works using Firefox.

I now have multiple instances of Asset running on my QNAP HS-251 NAS.It works perfectly, does exactly what I require. Very little time and effort required in the set-up and worked first time.
    A couple of my client machines do not support anything higher than 16/44.1 FLAC music files. One of them, the Roberts 93i radio/player, crashed whenever I tried to play a higher res file. I have moved all high-res FLAC to a separate folder on the NAS. I have set up two instances of Asset, one that includes all music folders, and the second that does not pick up the high-res folder. Works a dream on all client machines. I am now going to create further instances for DSD rips and for 5.1 channel FLAC files, as I can play each of these can on a single client only.
    Fantastic, really pleased this function is finally available within Asset.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Could I request a new feature?

ReplyGain setting based on file format. So for DSF files I would like to boost gain by 6dB during playback.

Thanks, Simon