title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time user, have questions about errors

First time user, have questions about errors

Hi all. Downloaded the trial version today and chose this product because I can rip to multiple formats simultaneously. Tried my first disc (Stevie Ray Vaughs's In Step), and encoded to both FLAC and mp3. I want the FLAC for my critical listening, but want the mp3 for my (yet unpurchased) mobile player of some sort.

1) The rip took about 40 minutes (the timer disappeared when the rip was finished, so that is a guess). There is 41 minutes worth of music on this disc. Can I expect a 1:1 (approximately) ratio of rip time:programming, or was this extended due to multi encoding? I have about 800 discs to rip, so suddenly this is very discouraging.

2) Every track had an error, and I have no idea how to interpret the information below, much less on how to proceed, or even what questions to ask, so any help would be appreciated. Here is the error list, and beneath it the "information" associated:

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - The House Is Rockin'.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / The House Is Rockin'.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / The House Is Rockin'.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire.IGNORE'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Crossfire.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Crossfire.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Tightrope.IGNORE'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Tightrope.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Tightrope.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\04 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Let Me Love You Baby.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\04 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Let Me Love You Baby.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\04 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Let Me Love You Baby.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\05 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Leave My Girl Alone.IGNORE'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\05 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Leave My Girl Alone.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\05 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Leave My Girl Alone.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\06 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Travis Walk.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\06 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Travis Walk.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\06 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Travis Walk.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\07 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Wall Of Denial.IGNORE'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\07 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Wall Of Denial.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\08 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Scratch-N-Sniff.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\08 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Scratch/N/Sniff.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\09 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Love Me Darlin'.IGNORE'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\09 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Love Me Darlin'.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\09 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Love Me Darlin'.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\10 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Riviera Paradise.IGNORE'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\10 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Riviera Paradise.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\10 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Riviera Paradise.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

And here is the associated "information" given for those errors:

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - The House Is Rockin'.IGNORE'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 10857 (2:24) in 9:14. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - The House Is Rockin'.IGNORE
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 51) Secure (Warning) [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 71 Frames]
    CRC32: 3BA2882E AccurateRip CRC: 4F2FF523 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-1]

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire.IGNORE'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 126 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 2: Ripped LBA 10857 to 29697 (4:11) in 0:50. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire.IGNORE
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 126 Frames]

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Tightrope.IGNORE'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 145 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 3: Ripped LBA 29697 to 50780 (4:41) in 0:57. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Tightrope.IGNORE
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 145 Frames]
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 145 Frames]
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 145 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\04 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Let Me Love You Baby.IGNORE'
    Track 4: Ripped LBA 50780 to 63082 (2:44) in 8:32. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\04 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Let Me Love You Baby.IGNORE
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 12) [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 84 Frames]
    CRC32: F19397C0 AccurateRip CRC: 8A27ECAC (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-4]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 12 [CRCv2 8a27ecac]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 25 [CRCv1 e881dd25]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 28 [CRCv2 ec2fe22], Using Pressing Offset +1023
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv1 45531655], Using Pressing Offset +1023

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\05 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Leave My Girl Alone.IGNORE'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 134 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 5: Ripped LBA 63082 to 82300 (4:16) in 0:41. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\05 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Leave My Girl Alone.IGNORE
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 134 Frames]

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\06 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Travis Walk.IGNORE'
    Track 6: Ripped LBA 82300 to 92837 (2:20) in 6:03. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\06 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Travis Walk.IGNORE
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 12) [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 66 Frames]
    CRC32: 9D59AFAF AccurateRip CRC: 5ED4AFA6 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-6]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 12 [CRCv2 5ed4afa6]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 26 [CRCv1 ea4491c2]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 28 [CRCv2 4a18f9e9], Using Pressing Offset +1023
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv1 9238d86e], Using Pressing Offset +1023

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\07 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Wall Of Denial.IGNORE'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 177 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 7: Ripped LBA 92837 to 118112 (5:37) in 0:47. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\07 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Wall Of Denial.IGNORE
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 177 Frames]

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\08 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Scratch-N-Sniff.IGNORE'
    Track 8: Ripped LBA 118112 to 130365 (2:43) in 7:09. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\08 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Scratch-N-Sniff.IGNORE
    CRC32: FC1FFD5C AccurateRip CRC: 876A4009 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-8]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 12 [CRCv2 876a4009]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 26 [CRCv1 9d7c0480]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 28 [CRCv2 26583ad0], Using Pressing Offset +1023
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv1 18c4dc4b], Using Pressing Offset +1023

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\09 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Love Me Darlin'.IGNORE'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 104 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 9: Ripped LBA 130365 to 145475 (3:21) in 0:27. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\09 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Love Me Darlin'.IGNORE
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 104 Frames]

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\10 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Riviera Paradise.IGNORE'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 566 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 10: Ripped LBA 145475 to 185325 (8:51) in 1:42. Filename: C:\Users\Owner\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\10 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Riviera Paradise.IGNORE
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 2, Re-Rip 566 Frames]

Re: First time user, have questions about errors

More info:

1) Older computer using Vista. Drive is an HL-DT-St-DVDRAM-GSA-T50L
    2) Tried to parse previously posted error messages, and many seemed to be path related. Examination of directory tree indicated a better option was need. Designated new path, to new harddrive location.
    3) Ripped same CD, to new location, encoding to FLAC only, level 5. Noticed several improvements. 37 minute elapsed time was, I suspect, a little faster. Fewer error, which I will reproduce below. And the path worked, as I actually have files in the specified directory. However, only the tracks that ripped correctly appear ( I suspect that is a design feature of the program).

Here are the errors:
    Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Tightrope.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\05 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Leave My Girl Alone.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\07 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Wall Of Denial.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\09 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Love Me Darlin'.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\10 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Riviera Paradise.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

And here is the "Information":
    Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - The House Is Rockin'.flac'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 10857 (2:24) in 9:09. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - The House Is Rockin'._
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 51) Secure (Warning) [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 71 Frames]
    CRC32: 3BA2882E AccurateRip CRC: 4F2FF523 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-1]

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire.flac'
    Track 2: Ripped LBA 10857 to 29697 (4:11) in 0:50. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire._

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Tightrope.flac'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 146 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 3: Ripped LBA 29697 to 50780 (4:41) in 0:51. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Tightrope._
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 146 Frames]
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 146 Frames]
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 146 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\04 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Let Me Love You Baby.flac'
    Track 4: Ripped LBA 50780 to 63082 (2:44) in 8:28. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\04 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Let Me Love You Baby._
    CRC32: F19397C0 AccurateRip CRC: 8A27ECAC (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-4]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 12 [CRCv2 8a27ecac]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 25 [CRCv1 e881dd25]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 28 [CRCv2 ec2fe22], Using Pressing Offset +1023
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv1 45531655], Using Pressing Offset +1023

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\05 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Leave My Girl Alone.flac'
    Track 5: Ripped LBA 63082 to 82300 (4:16) in 0:46. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\05 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Leave My Girl Alone._

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\06 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Travis Walk.flac'
    Track 6: Ripped LBA 82300 to 92837 (2:20) in 6:14. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\06 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Travis Walk._
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 12) [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 66 Frames]
    CRC32: 9D59AFAF AccurateRip CRC: 5ED4AFA6 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-6]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 12 [CRCv2 5ed4afa6]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 26 [CRCv1 ea4491c2]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 28 [CRCv2 4a18f9e9], Using Pressing Offset +1023
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv1 9238d86e], Using Pressing Offset +1023

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\07 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Wall Of Denial.flac'
    Track 7: Ripped LBA 92837 to 118112 (5:37) in 0:48. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\07 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Wall Of Denial._

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\08 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Scratch-N-Sniff.flac'
    Track 8: Ripped LBA 118112 to 130365 (2:43) in 6:44. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\08 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Scratch-N-Sniff._
    CRC32: FC1FFD5C AccurateRip CRC: 876A4009 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-8]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 12 [CRCv2 876a4009]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 26 [CRCv1 9d7c0480]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 28 [CRCv2 26583ad0], Using Pressing Offset +1023
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv1 18c4dc4b], Using Pressing Offset +1023

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\09 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Love Me Darlin'.flac'
    Track 9: Ripped LBA 130365 to 145475 (3:21) in 0:26. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\09 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Love Me Darlin'._

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\10 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Riviera Paradise.flac'
    Track 10: Ripped LBA 145475 to 185325 (8:51) in 1:37. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\10 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Riviera Paradise._

Here are my questions:
    1) Many of the insecurely ripped tracks were actually aborted because the number of frames needing to be re-ripped exceeded the limit of 100 frames. Is there any danger to resetting this value to a higher number?
    2) After resetting some parameters (like re-rip limits), can I go back and re-rip individual tracks?
    3) What am I to learn from information such as the notation for track 10 that reads "Ripped LBA 145475 to 185325 (8:51) in 1:37"?

Many thanks to anyone that responds. I am looking back through the forum for old posts on these topics, in an attempt to educate myself. Am also continuing to "troubleshoot" by changing one variable at a time, and re-ripping, but at 40 minutes a try, experimenting is slow.
    Last edited by SFS; 07-09-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Ok, changed the frame limit from 100 to 200, and attempted to re-rip track 2, which timed out after 10 minutes. Here is the information:

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire.flac'
    ** Reached Secure Rip Time Of 10 Minutes
    Track 2: Ripped LBA 10857 to 29697 (4:11) in 10:01. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire._
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 50) Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 126 Frames]
    CRC32: 6B16EDDA AccurateRip CRC: 9F9FF9E8 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000dde1e-0070adb5-9509a70a-2]
    ** Reached Secure Rip Time Of 10 Minutes

Compare above to the information from the original attempt (when ripping the entire CD):

Track 2: Ripped LBA 10857 to 29697 (4:11) in 0:50. Filename: C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire._

What am I to learn from this new (changed) information?

After reading some searched-for threads, I decided to turn off the C2 support. Track was ripped quickly and accurately. Tried another, same result. Am now ripping remaining 4 tracks that were unsuccessful in prior attempts. Will report further.

Deleted all the ripped files, and re-ripped the disk as a whole. Success, error free FLAC files in 3 minutes and 32 seconds.

Deleted all the ripped files again, went back to multi-encode to add the mp3 in a simultaneous rip. Errors again! Here is the info:

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - The House Is Rockin'.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\ray\Music\mp3\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / The House Is Rockin'.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\ray\Music\FLAC\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / The House Is Rockin'.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Tightrope.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\ray\Music\mp3\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Tightrope.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\ray\Music\FLAC\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Tightrope.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'C:\ray\Music\Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble\In Step\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Crossfire.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'C:\ray\Music\mp3\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Crossfire.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'C:\ray\Music\FLAC\02 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / Crossfire.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

So now I'm lost again.

Administrator

Error unable to open File 'C:\ray\Music\FLAC\01 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble / The House Is Rockin'.flac' for writing

Something external to dBpoweramp is stopping it writing to that location, perhaps security software, or this location has no user rights to create folders and files at that location.

Thanks for the reply. I am the only computer user, and I am writing to a folder I use daily, so I don't think permissions are involved, and there are no logins.

I agree with your idea though, and will keep looking. This may be related: the ripped files are being put in a subfolder (created by dbPoweramp) of the folder I specify, instead of directly into the folder I specify. I want the files to go into c:\ray\music\FLAC, and they are going into c:\ray\music\FLAC\ray\music\FLAC. I need to get that cleaned up, but the options under Path -> Settings aren't very intuitive.

Did this get resolved?
    I am having the same issue, but assume it has to do with the fact that the track name string has been changed from "1-01 Baker Street" to "1/01 Baker Street.flac":

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'D:\Music\MP3\Gerry Rafferty\The Best Of Gerry Rafferty\1-01 Baker Street.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'D:\Music\FLAC\Gerry Rafferty\The Best Of Gerry Rafferty\1/01 Baker Street.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    mp3 (Lame): Error unable to open File 'D:\Music\MP3\Gerry Rafferty\The Best Of Gerry Rafferty\1/01 Baker Street.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Any ideas why this is happening?

dBpoweramp Guru

What platform/OS and dBpoweramp version are you using?

What happens if you don't use Multi Encoder, i.e. just try ripping to flac only?

What is your Naming string and check it does not contain illegal filename/pathname characters?
    Last edited by mville; 08-08-2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added extra question

Administrator

What is drive D?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is drive D?
    I am using R16.2 on a Windows 10 PC. The disk has 2 partitions C:\ & D:\.

Ripping without Multi Encoder gives the expected results for FLAC & MP3.

The naming string is: [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[disc]-[][track] [title]

I have also reset the default for Filename Restricted Characters, which has been suggested elsewhere on the forum, but with no improvement.

Any suggestions what else I can try? Thx for your support.

dBpoweramp Guru

What is Output To set to, for each of the encoders (flac and mp3) in Multi Encoder mode?

D:\Music\MP3\ & D:\Music\FLAC\, both using the same dynamic naming [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[disc]-[][track] [title].

dBpoweramp Guru

Sorry, I don't use Multi Encoder but D:\Music\MP3\ & D:\Music\FLAC\ are not dynamic,

... rather, these are the Base Locations. Are you selecting Edit Dynamic Naming when setting up each encoder?
    Last edited by mville; 08-08-2017 at 08:49 AM. Reason: more info required

For FLAC, Output To:D:\Music\FLAC\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[disc]-[][track] [title]

For MP3, Output To: D:\Music\MP3\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[disc]-[][track] [title]