title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Set-Up for Ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oggy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2015

Re: Set-Up for Ripping

Originally posted by mville
    Ah! So, I think you are saying that there are some users of the Illustrate software that are now aware of the new Classical tags adopted by Illustrate, but don't know if/how they might affect/apply to their server/player software. Is this what you mean?
    Yes.

Very pleased that Apple are trying to improve Classical tagging, and that Illustrate are supporting this.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Oggy
      Very pleased that Apple are trying to improve Classical tagging, and that Illustrate are supporting this.
      I agree.

Comment

• dbarnby
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2017

Hi garym. Forgive my using this forum for a non-dbpa topic; I don't know how else to reach you. Somewhere in the posts you (I believe it was you) indicated your shared enthusiasm for the eclipse. You'll be interested in an internet site that will live-broadcast the eclipse from a high-altitude balloon showing the shadow racing across the earth: https://stream.live/eclipse. The site is up on-line now and I assume the balloon view will be recorded for later viewing as well as live.
        Don

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dbarnby
          Hi garym. Forgive my using this forum for a non-dbpa topic; I don't know how else to reach you. Somewhere in the posts you (I believe it was you) indicated your shared enthusiasm for the eclipse. You'll be interested in an internet site that will live-broadcast the eclipse from a high-altitude balloon showing the shadow racing across the earth: https://stream.live/eclipse. The site is up on-line now and I assume the balloon view will be recorded for later viewing as well as live.
          Don
          Cool. Thanks. And FYI, if you click on a members name then click private message, you can always PM someone.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

Somewhere in these threads, and became of the excellent, informative answers from a number of people, are well worth reading again, I believe garym gave a naming scheme, and an explanation of how this works for single discs, multi disc sets from a single artist, and compilation box sets.

He also had a screen shot of dBpoweramp: CD Ripper Naming. Don, I know you have found this, as you have commented on some of the options.

Clicking on the dBpoweramp CD Ripper, icon, brings up the main page, and in the lower corner, you have, Profile, Rip to, Path with a Set, Naming with a set, and CD Drive.

On the Profile, you have (default), I recommend not deleting this, but [Create Profile], give it a name, I've got one named Garym! From here, have a play.

Once you have cut and pasted a naming scheme, ensuring no extra spaces are inserted, the naming scheme for each Profile, shows in the Naming box. Click Set.This brings up the box that garym posted the screen shot of - extremely helpful.

In the middle, are three tickets boxes, Current Disc Metadata, Compilation, and Multi-Disc.

In the big box underneath, in version 16, from memory 15 was slightly different, but gave the same outcome, you have in version 16:-

Album Artist\Album Title\05 Artist - Title.

This little string is so helpful. It shows that a folder with the Album Artist name is going to be created, with a sub-folder named Album Title.

If you tick the Multi-Disc box, the string looks very similar, but adds a Disc 1, into the equation. The naming scheme, the default, garym's and countless other well thought out schemes, handle multi-disc box sets, and compilations, automatically.!
            Hi Oggy,

I have browsed this thread as you suggested, thanks.

I was looking for this within 'dBpa' please:

In the middle, are three tickets boxes, Current Disc Metadata, Compilation, and Multi-Disc.
            You mention Gary made a screenshot also?

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

• Oggy
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2015

Paul, I am definitely going to listen to Bread, If, tomorrow, as two screen shots, would cover most of that!!

Hit, Set, where you have your (garym's) naming string.

Found it! Page 3 of this thread, post 33.
              Last edited by Oggy; 08-07-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jul 2017

Hit, Set, where you have your (garym's) naming string.

Found it! Page 3 of this thread, post 33.
                Ok, thanks; let me check ...

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jul 2017

Hi Oggy,

Thanks.

My string says this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Garys_String.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	293404

Cheers.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Jul 2017

Hi Oggy,

I found the screenshot Gary refers to, thanks.

I am guessing that if ripping a single CD, then NONE of the (3) boxes should be checked.

But what about if the album is a double-CD, please?:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3_Boxes.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	293406

I am planning to use the methods recommended yesterday where you do not include the 'Disc1', 'Disc 2' within the title.

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

• Oggy
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
                      Hi Oggy,

I found the screenshot Gary refers to, thanks.

I am guessing that if ripping a single CD, then NONE of the (3) boxes should be checked.

But what about if the album is a double-CD, please?:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1426[/ATTACH]

I am planning to use the methods recommended yesterday where you do not include the 'Disc1', 'Disc 2' within the title.

Cheers,

Paul
                      Hi Paul,

You don't need to use, or do anything with these; garym's string does everything for you.

If experimenting with your own naming string, you can see how this works with Compilations, Multi-Disc, and multi-disc, compilations. This work has been done for you.

The only change you need to make if you were to rip, Little Evil, again, is simply tag the Album Little Evil, for both discs, and ensure you use 1/2 2/2. This will give a folder tree of: Miles Davis/Little Evil/Disc 1, Disc 2
                      On your player, you have a complete, double album.
                      Last edited by Oggy; 08-07-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Jul 2017

Hi Oggy,

Giving the double CD a quick go now ...

Paul

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Jul 2017

Hi,

Have posted screenshot/results in my own "Ripping Level" thread; as I did not want to hijack this thread too much.

Hopefully the procedure is correct now - and so other newbies can learn from my mistakes/amendments.

Paul

Comment

• Ripsy
                            • Aug 2017

Thanks for the ripping level thread, monsterjacklick, and thanks for the other newbie-oriented discussion. It's been a help. I've now read all of the dbpoweramp ripping forums. Thanks, everybody! After ripping and trying things out, I know just enough to make a thorough mess of it! You all are so smart, I guess my one semester learning Pascal and Basic didn't quite bring me up to snuff! Anyway, here's what I'm trying to do: Rip CD's into two folders (FLAC and ALAC), located on one external hard drive, and using an Acronova NB21 for batch ripping. Using garyn's naming string, I seem to be able to accomplish this, to an extent. My issue is that all of the cd's are ripped as separate tracks, and not as folders (which I'm used to seeing and prefer). There's probably an obvious solution, but it's a puzzle that I just can't solve. Any suggestions?

Comment

• garym
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Nov 2007

if you're using my naming string, it automatically creates folders for artists, then folders for albums, then underneath this it creates the individual tracks. Clarify what you mean when you say you don't see folders. Or do you mean that you prefer "cue files" which rip a CD to a single file rather than separate tracks. That's a different thing. Used to be helpful in the old days (to get gapless) but no longer needed.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Ripsy
                                Thanks for the ripping level thread, monsterjacklick, and thanks for the other newbie-oriented discussion.
                                Welcome Ripsy, I am please you found it useful. All I did really was ask questions and the experienced guys answered! And then I uploaded screengrabs of my findings. Paul

Comment

Working...

]]>