title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Set-Up for Ripping

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Set-Up for Ripping

No. Roon does not touch your tags. But roon is something to think about later. Get the ripping and tagging done, and your player working with bluOS first. We're now dealing with multiple dimenisions of digital music playback systems. I'm thinking we need to return the focus to ripping and tagging, as you haven't gotten that quite down yet.

Theres lots of info at the roon site and they have a very active and helpful forum. But you can deal with all that later, if ever. See this when you're ready
    https://kb.roonlabs.com/

...and we should move roon discussion to the roon forum. That's what it's for and lots of helpful expert users there.
    Last edited by garym; 07-27-2017 at 09:37 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks garym; I'm good with that.
    Don

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Oggy

If you put each disc in its own folder, won't the two discs of the album (say an opera) be played at random out of sequence if you play on shuffle?

I still don't know the actions to take to either:
    A) Rip each disk to its own folder, or
    B) Rip all disks in an album into the same folder.

Also, I don't really understand the nature of the problem that can arise if two discs are ripped to the same folder.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I just experimented with Spoon's post of 4/24/17 Re: How do I edit the proposal list of id-tags? I changed one of the tag in the list but the change did not show up on the pull-down menu for Genera at the top of the Ripper screen.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It's been suggested that if a CD contains two different symphonies on it, it may be useful to split it into two folders. How is that accomplished?

Related to that how does one set things to rip only one track to a folder?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Here's a pretty basic question that I asked previously but I don't recall hearing the answer.

At the tip of the Ripping screen is the word "Movement:" followed by text boxes "Number," "Count," and "Name." Given that these boxes follow a colon, it looks as if they relate to Movement. Is that the case?

If not, what are these boxes referring to? What goes in them?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

In the list of songs on the screen, what are the check boxes at the left of each song that contains a red check mark all about?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnby View Post
    Hi Oggy

If you put each disc in its own folder, won't the two discs of the album (say an opera) be played at random out of sequence if you play on shuffle?

Also, I don't really understand the nature of the problem that can arise if two discs are ripped to the same folder.
    You are forgetting that the folder organization and file names have little or nothing to do with how players handle selection and playing of albums. In all modern players, playback is based on TAGS not filenames or folders. Heck, I could put 5000 CDs in a single folder, give them all the name track1, track2, etc. (that is the names have no useful information), and still choose and play things appropriately as long as the files had the correct TAG information.

You can can put multiple cd albums in one folder, but you need to use disc number in the naming. This was discussed in some earlier replies to you. For example mville uses this approach. Otherwise, if you have two track 1's with same title (very possible) then you'd end up overwriting one of the tracks. The key is that every file in a folder has to have a unique name.

dBpoweramp Guru

In the list of songs on the screen, what are the check boxes at the left of each song that contains a red check mark all about?
    Songs selected to be ripped.

dBpoweramp Guru

Here's a pretty basic question that I asked previously but I don't recall hearing the answer.

At the tip of the Ripping screen is the word "Movement:" followed by text boxes "Number," "Count," and "Name." Given that these boxes follow a colon, it looks as if they relate to Movement. Is that the case?

Thanks
    Sounds like they all relate to movement. Try and see. You won't break anything.
    edit: see
    https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298306
    Last edited by garym; 07-31-2017 at 08:25 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

to do A above, use the file naming string I've previously provided you. Then dbpa will do this automatically when the cd has more than one disc (and you are properly using the disc tag, that is in the ripping screen all the discs are given the EXACT same album title and the disc is noted as, e.g., 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, etc.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Oggy

Hi Don

garym has answered most of your questions below, and if you look back through your various threads, there is a walk through of ripping of both A) using garym's naming string and B) using number offset.

Having used both A) and B), as I mentioned in that answer, using A) makes life far simpler, needs less user intervention, and the possibilities of errors are much reduced - I learnt this the hard way.

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks
    I believe all of these are related to iTunes from version 12.5. Somewhere in one of your threads, I answered this, saying I believed these are only relevant for an Apple environment, and hoping someone would confirm or contradict this.

They only show when Genre is set to Classical and Opera.

dBpoweramp Guru

It's been suggested that if a CD contains two different symphonies on it, it may be useful to split it into two folders. How is that accomplished?

Related to that how does one set things to rip only one track to a folder?
    In dBpoweramp CD Ripper, main page, once you have inserted your disc, and the Metadata shown, right click on the track you want to rip.One option is to, Rip this track only.

Any single, or how ever many tracks that are ticked, will go into your folder.You don't have to rip the whole CD, so from this you can put a single symphony into its own folder, naming as required.

The un-ripped tracks, which will be the second symphony, will need to be given a different Album name. If the first symphony has four movements as four tracks, your second symphony will start at track five. You can right click on track 5 and apply track offset of -4. This will give you the second symphony, in the folder name you gave, with correct track numbers.

Only you can decide if this is how you want to display your library, rather than by complete disc. It is more work, but the flexibility of dBpoweramp allows you to do this.
    Last edited by Oggy; 07-31-2017 at 01:50 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Don,

I don't know if you read any other threads apart from your own, but another on-going thread is monsterjazzlick's RE: Ripping Level Question (help?) Paul asks questions that may be pertinent to yourself, and usefully shows some screenshots, that may be helpful.

Regards,

Oggy