title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Set-Up for Ripping

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Set-Up for Ripping

Thanks, Mville, It's always nice to hear from you and get your good advice. While I've been using Windows for 37 years I'm quite new to network music as you know.

Is there a way to change the music folder view that becomes a default view for all such folders?

Don

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnby View Post
    While I've been using Windows for 37 years I'm quite new to network music as you know.

Is there a way to change the music folder view that becomes a default view for all such folders?
    FYI, File Explorer (formerly Windows Explorer) is not a new windows feature.

Once you have a music folder view set as you want, from the Ribbon select:
    View >> Options >> Change folder and search options >> View tab.

Then click the Apply to folders button (you can also click the Reset button to restore the default view).

Please note: these instructions apply to Windows 10 and can also be applied to any of the folder types i.e. General items, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos. The processes may be different for older versions of Windows.
    Last edited by mville; 05-25-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Windows 10 instructions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1. CD Ripper is already gapless
    2. See this guide:

https://dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm

3. Leave unless you need to change to a different one
    a) No need

4. See the guide above

5. PerfectTUNES is a separate from dBpoweramp.

the setting guide doesn't have the "clear read cache with FUA" does it make a difference in sound if clicked or not clicked. on clicking "detect" my drive has it clicked.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hitarth View Post
    the setting guide doesn't have the "clear read cache with FUA" does it make a difference in sound if clicked or not clicked. on clicking "detect" my drive has it clicked.
    I recall that was only for certain brand drives. In any case, it has nothing to do with sound. If you need that, you won't be able to get a secure rip without it most likely. But I'd say in most cases this should be unticked.

edit: see:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...cache-clearing
    Last edited by garym; 12-31-2020 at 12:59 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I recall that was only for certain brand drives. In any case, it has nothing to do with sound. If you need that, you won't be able to get a secure rip without it most likely. But I'd say in most cases this should be unticked.

edit: see:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...cache-clearing
    many thanks,
    actually, the tick was a default & forgot to unclick.
    so i guess, i can listen to these files.
    thanks & Happy New Year

Hello everyone
    Just bought dBpoweramp mainly for ripping my CD collection to FLAC for my NAS drive to store
    Problem
    Default storage is to my C drive which is where I store programs.
    How can I change this to a different drive - ideally my NAS drive.
    Thanks

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo647 View Post
    Hello everyone
    Just bought dBpoweramp mainly for ripping my CD collection to FLAC for my NAS drive to store
    Problem
    Default storage is to my C drive which is where I store programs.
    How can I change this to a different drive - ideally my NAS drive.
    Thanks
    In the lower left corner where it says path, click set and browse to your nas.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask this question here. Is there a way to reset the metadata fields to default, or does anyone know what the default settings are?

I've been playing around with a few different settings, but have finally decided to keep things the way they originally were. Other than disabling 'styles' and the various sort tags myself, I think the default was the way I've set it up as shown in the images below. Thanks.

metadata_default_01.jpg
    metadata_default_02.jpg

Administrator

That looks like default.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    That looks like default.
    Thank you, Spoon.

Hi,

I am using R17 family pack and set it up on a desktop pc. I have no problem in setting up AccurateRip on the internal CD rom. However, when I try to install an external CD rom, I am unable to setup AccurateRip with the same CDs I used previously. The message: "This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc, or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different key disc."

I have already tried to reinstall dbpoweramp and tested with many popular CDs.

I appreciate your help.

Administrator

Keep trying discs, it just means that drive is not in our database and requires 3 matching discs, not just 1.

dBpoweramp Guru

I've seen situations where it took feeding 20 or so popular disks before it got 3 that it liked. As spoon says, keep feeding it disks.