title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Set-Up for Ripping

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Set-Up for Ripping

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    5) mville and I use different players / software, all have their own quirks, so apart from personal preferences, we are using players that behave differently.

Apart from when I've made a naming error, the naming string is simply a means to an end, and with my player, I never look at the folder tree. I don't use the two higher folder levels of Genre or Composers, but because of the tags can search for Composer or Genre.

So:

Artist
    Album
    Disc One Disc Two

Compilations
    Album
    Disc One Disc Two

As for Classical I treat Composer as the Artist, the folder tree is the same, but you are correct, not having disc number in the Album name does add another level, but avoids having the disc in the album name.

(mville uses a different naming string, that works exactly as he wants for his needs and player).
    FYI, my Naming creates the following folder path/filename structure in Windows File Explorer, organised solely for ease of navigating my albums, for post rip editing. This is not used by my server/player software at all, which builds it internal library, based on my tags. Note also, the use of disc, in the filename:

... also, for my Compilation Albums, they appear in a Various Artists folder then by a Genre sub-folder.

So alphabetically in Windows File Explorer, they are listed after Artist Z e.g.:
    D:\FLAC\Various Artists\Classical\[2012-07] Serenity (The Beauty Of Arvo Pärt)
    or
    D:\FLAC\Various Artists\Soundtrack\[2010-02] Shutter Island (Music From The Motion Picture)
    Last edited by mville; 02-11-2018 at 07:34 AM. Reason: added reference to Compilation Albums