title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD ripper taking ages to access metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seanb1643
    • Jun 2017

CD ripper taking ages to access metadata

I am on the tail end of having converted ~300 CDs. All fine until about 2 weeks ago when a long delay has appeared between entering discs (into either of the drives I have) and the acquisition of the metadata. Clicking on the metadata button merely forces a "(not responding)" to appear at the top of the screen. It neither slows things down nor speeds things up. Previously metadata would appear in about 2-5 seconds now it's nearer 3-5 minutes. Any ideas? The PC is fully up-to-date, fast internet etc.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD ripper taking ages to access metadata

It is possible your security software is blocking certain lookups of metadata, try to disable single providers (such as Music brainz) from the meta menu, to isolate which one is slow.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• seanb1643
      • Jun 2017

Re: CD ripper taking ages to access metadata

Thanks Spoon, good suggestions. I found in the end that the problem is intermittent (which probably rules out security software), and was particularly prevalent only for the first few discs after which the connection appeared to "warm up". In the end I just dedicated several big batch sessions to crash through the remaining rips. But from a root cause analysis I suspect you are on the right track re: connecting to one (or more) specific providers.

Comment

Working...

]]>