title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: The software doesn't automatically get going

The software doesn't automatically get going

I recently added another Pioneer Blu-ray drive to my computer. Now both my optical drives are Pioneer BDR 209D model drives. Great drives. But when I insert some CD's nothing shows in the dbPoweramp window. I have to click on the Retry button and then the songs load into the interface.

I've only noticed this since using this drive.

I used to use an Asus DVD drive that didn't do this. But I got rid of it because it was really noisy.

Not sure why I have to hit the Retry button just to get dbPoweramp to get going.

What should I do?

Administrator

Re: The software doesn't automatically get going

Try a full restart of Windows (shut down).

I doubt that will accomplish anything. I'm gonna check next to cdplayer.ini.

dBpoweramp Guru

I have a similar issue when accidentally putting a CD in the drive I don't use for ripping; CD Ripper asks for a disc to be inserted in the last drive used, and patiently waits for the user to do so. It looks to me like you may be switching drives and seeing the same behavior.
    Last edited by Jailhouse; 06-30-2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    I have a similar issue when accidentally putting a CD in the drive I don't use for ripping; CD Ripper asks for a disc to be inserted in the last drive used, and patiently waits for the user to do so. It looks to me like you may be switching drives and seeing the same behavior.
    I'm not switching drives. I always use the one on the top. Called my Pioneer E:\ drive.

Very strange.