title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't configure AccurateRip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug Hotchkis
    • Feb 2016

Can't configure AccurateRip

I bought a new PC from Dell and installed dBpoweramp on it. I can’t get CD Ripper to configure AccurateRip. It gives me a message that: “This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different Key Disc.”

I found an old posting about this that suggested trying lots of CDs until CD Ripper was happy. I’ve tried dozens with no luck. I plugged in a portable USB optical drive when I use CD Ripper with my laptop. That configured right away! But I would like to use my new drive. Is there some setting and/or driver change that I could ask Dell about? Help!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't configure AccurateRip

It is just that the CD drive is unknown to accuraterip that is why you need 3 matching key discs without multiple pressings, keep trying and try more recently released CDs.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Doug Hotchkis
      • Feb 2016

Thanks, Spoon. Concentrating on newly released discs (about 20 so far) has provided some “progress.” I have gotten a couple instances where the message is now: “AccurateRip needs to verify the offset generated, for this it needs 3 Key Discs that give the same offset, please insert another ‘Key Disc’, [Calculated offset value: +12 samples, +48 bytes.]” The rest of the discs have another new message: “AccurateRip will not key to this offset as it miss-matches the drive database offset. [Calcuated offset value: + 6 samples, + 24 bytes.]”

Do I need to load 3 discs in a row that give the first message or can they be interspersed with the other messages? For the record the drive is showing as HL-DT-ST-DVD +-RW GU90N.

Comment

• Doug Hotchkis
        • Feb 2016

As a follow up to my previous post, I loaded the two discs that had given the first message. CD Ripper then gave me the second message but with the calculated offset values changed to +12 samples, + 48 bytes. If this means I need to find 3 good, new discs in a row that I haven't previously discovered, I'm doomed!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

This drive is in the database as:

LG Electronics - DVD+-RW GU90N
          Offset: +102

and 108 people are using it all with the same offset. Your drive seems to be giving a totally different offset, which is a little odd, the drive could be faulty.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Doug Hotchkis
            • Feb 2016

Hi Spoon,

Just wanted to close the loop. Dell sent me a new drive, same model. It works fine, so you're suspicion was right that the drive was defective. Thanks!

Comment

• mkmossop
              • Sep 2019

Can someone help me with this? I'm having a similar problem. When I try to rip a cd I get the following message:

"AccurateRip needs to verify the offset generated, for this it needs 3 Key Discs that give the same offset, please insert another 'Key Disc'. [Calculated offset value: +667 samples, +2668 bytes]"

I have no clue what this means. What is a key disc?

Do I basically just need 3 random cd's to configure it properly? If not how do I get a key disc? Can I just go out and buy 3 cheap cd's and hope they work?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

A key disc is a disc AccurateRip recognizes. You do not need to rip to configure AccurateRip, just quickly go through a selection of you CDs.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mkmossop
                  • Sep 2019

Ok cool thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>