title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting 93 gb mp3 files to opus using dbpoweramp batch converter.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rupeshforu3
    • Jun 2017

converting 93 gb mp3 files to opus using dbpoweramp batch converter.

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have huge directory of 93 gb which contains mp3 files which are speeches recorded by someone at 64 kbps and organized into various directories and sub directories

Someone suggested that opus is the best codec for speech and so I have made a number of experiments and tried encoders like lamexp,ffmpeg,TAudioConverter etc., but found some errors and finally I came to conclusion to use dbpoweramp.

I want to convert all these mp3 files to opus files and I want to maintain directory structure same as source and also file names same as source. I don't want to organize files into artists,albums etc.,

I want to convert files with the following options
    1. 16 kbps cvbr
    2. 48000 sample rate
    3. channels : 1 ie., mono
    4. algorithmic quality: 10 --comp option in opusenc

I have made a trial with dbpoweramp to select these options but not found and so I have added dsps like channel mapping, channel count, resampling, bit depth.

I have converted some files using the above procedure and the convertion process is being performed at lightning speed. It is taking half the time taken by other software and so can I think that dbpoweramp is worse in converting mp3 files to opus files.

Can I use opusenc original instead of the one supplied by dbpoweramp and if I use are there any benefits like quality opus files.

My version of dbpoweramp is registered.

I think that I have not specified the option --comp 10 and so conversion is being performed at lightning speeds.

Please suggest how to choose options specified by me above and especially --comp option.

Regards,
    Rupesh.
    Last edited by rupeshforu3; 06-21-2017, 05:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: converting 93 gb mp3 files to opus using dbpoweramp batch converter.

According to opus command line it always runs with --comp 10 if nothing is supplied and dBpoweramp does not change that.

The speed might be down to our sample rate converter, which is quite fast, faster than others (but is of a very high quality).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rupeshforu3
      • Jun 2017

What does framesize means and how to add it.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Frame size is handled automatically by the encoder, there is no need to change, or try to change this value.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rupeshforu3
          • Jun 2017

Can you suggest what does bitdepth means.

Also can you suggest any other feasible dsp options like replaygain etc., if you think those options may improve the quality of conversion.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Bitdepth is not relevant when converting lossy to lossy. Replaygain is about changing the volume to matched levels so all tracks sound similar in volume.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rupeshforu3
              • Jun 2017

The transcoded opus files are acceptable in quality even at lower bitrates when compared with transcoded opus files using other tools or software.

When I view the properties of opus files in Windows explorer ie., in id tag it is showing that the file is encoded using opusenc 32 bit and so I think that if those files were encoded using opusenc 64 bit the encoded files may be higher in quality.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Encoders running as 32 or 64 bit (note not bitdepth) have no difference in quality. Ask yourself does the 32 bit version of Word give better word documents than the 64 bit version of Word?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rupeshforu3
                  • Jun 2017

I heard while someone saying that 64 bit applications perform better than 32 bit applications but maybe they're saying regarding speed of execution and so for clarity I have raised above.

Can you suggest how to calculate the total play back length of transcoded folder so that I can check play back length of source and destination. I am asking this because while using lamexp I have added some files and noticed length and size but the transcoded files were different in size and length and luckily files converted by dbpoweramp are not showing such differences but for surity I am asking.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp would decode mp3 files gaplessly, perhaps this other program is not gapless in its length estimation.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jailhouse
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2016

Ask yourself does the 32 bit version of Word give better word documents than the 64 bit version of Word?
                      That depends on who's writing the docs.

Comment

• Peterrob
                        • Sep 2017

converting 93 gb mp3 files to opus using dbpoweramp batch converter

I have many audiobooks in mp3 format. They consist of many .mp3 files. I would like to convert these from many .mp3 files to one .m4b file. When I try replay converter, it converts each mp3 file to an m4b file. Is there any way to do what I want with your products?

Thanks,
                        John

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Re: converting 93 gb mp3 files to opus using dbpoweramp batch converter

I do not think there is.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>