title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nimbie NB21 error message "Not Audio CD":

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arquint
    • Jun 2017

Nimbie NB21 error message "Not Audio CD":

I've used my Nimbie NB21 with the dBpoweramp Batch Ripper software to successfully rip around 500 CDs. Yesterday it stopped working - a disc loads and after about 2 minutes I get the message "Reject: Not Audio CD". What's going on and what can I do to fix it?
    Thanks
    Andy
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Nimbie NB21 error message "Not Audio CD":

Hey arquint,

did you try a different CD? Or do you get that message for every CD, even for the already successful ripped ones? Maybe that one CD isn't a real Audio CD (in the sense of the Red Book Standard).

Dat Ei

Comment

• arquint
      • Jun 2017

Yes, I've tried a dozen discs, all of which ripped fine when fed directly into the computer, one by one.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Connect the nimbie, and manually load a CD, then look in Windows file explorer, it should say 'Audio CD' when looking at the cd drive.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• arquint
          • Jun 2017

I gave this a try, a couple of times. When I manually load a CD, it never says 'Audio CD' in the file explorer. I can hear the Nimbie spinning the disc, and periodically sets of two mechanical noises&*8212;the dBpoweramp Batch Ripper screen says "Post-Load Waiting for CD" during this time, and the 'Link' and 'Ready' lights are on. Then after about a minute, I get the the 'Not Audio CD' message and the disc rejects.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Then the nimbie has failed on a hardware level.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• arquint
              • Jun 2017

I thought I'd report back. After getting Spoon's message above, I contacted Acronova and they authorized a return. I heard from them within the week and they said the optical drive needed to be replaced&*8212;and although this wasn't usually covered under the warranty, they'd fix it for free&*8212;this time. I'm now back in business, so I really can't complain. But the Nimbie was a just a month old and had ripped only about 500 discs&*8212;does the Acronova policy seem reasonable to you? The technician (who was never anything but helpful and polite) blamed my experience on "dirty CDs." Is that likely?

Comment

• Jailhouse
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2016

I wouldn't buy the "dirty CDs" argument. Sometimes hardware is just faulty.

Comment

Working...

]]>