title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tagless FLAC?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darryl R
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2014

Tagless FLAC?

Spoon,

One of the guys at Computer Audiophile told me he uses tagless FLAC. Obvioulsy he's not interested in tags but wants the compression. He said he does it with dBpoweramp. Any ideas how?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Tagless FLAC?

Originally posted by Darryl R
    Spoon,

One of the guys at Computer Audiophile told me he uses tagless FLAC. Obvioulsy he's not interested in tags but wants the compression. He said he does it with dBpoweramp. Any ideas how?
    just untick all the tag options in ripper settings. (I started to ask why in the world would one do this, but oh well, to each their own. Lots of bizarre misunderstandings of the way things work over at computer audiophile.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Or include the DSP Effect 'ID Tag Processing' set to delete all tags.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

That would work well with converting existing FLAC files too.

Comment

• Darryl R
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by garym
          just untick all the tag options in ripper settings. (I started to ask why in the world would one do this, but oh well, to each their own. Lots of bizarre misunderstandings of the way things work over at computer audiophile.
          My post stated why it would be done: desire for compression but no desire for tags. This happens to be used by one of the smarter members on CA. Funny thing, I anticipated just such a response as yours when I wrote the post, and therefore included the rationale and addressed it to Spoon.
          Last edited by Darryl R; 06-18-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>