title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Dynamic naming compatability R14 to R16

Dynamic naming compatability R14 to R16

I have been running R14 until 6/11 when I upgraded. After the shock of the learning curve, I will start with my most pressing challenge. My old Dynamic naming script performs different in the multi encode (which I ran before). The following script

"[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist]\[album]\[album artist]_[album]_[IFMULTI][disc]_[][track]_[title],Various Artists\[album]\[album artist]_[album]_[IFMULTI][disc]_[][track]_[title][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist]\[album]\[album artist]_[album]_[IFMULTI][disc]_[][track]_[title],[artist]\[album]\[artist]_[album]_[IFMULTI][disc]_[][track]_[title][][]"

now places two additional underscores at the end, before the file extension.

Mary J. Blige_Strength Of A Woman_01_Love Yourself__.m4a

I've the docs and see no reason for this to happen. Any input would be helpful before I roll back to R14.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Dynamic naming compatability R14 to R16

Change each _ in the naming string to a number, starting 1 (the next one 2), then 3. Run a conversion and see which naming items are producing the last 2 __

Thanks for the suggestion. Well curiously I placed the number substitution in place for every "_" ranging from 1 to 16. Ran the rip. Guess what it does not use the naming from the encoder section. It uses the naming from the bottom left field. So I changed it which also gives the sample output on screen. The underscores stay and the numbers show up. If I palce an additional character after the [][] pair the character appends to the name. If I remove a {} the name is all junk.

Administrator

These underscores must be in the title, or the title has characters which are illegal for filenames and you have set the filename replacement characters to _