title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper Storage Location Permission Issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kratos
    • Jun 2017

CD Ripper Storage Location Permission Issues

Hello,

I have ripped about 150 CDs to a folder on an external HDD that I plan to use for my Home Media Server. I plugged the HDD into another computer of mine to transfer music from that computer to the HDD, but was presented with a permission denied error. Even as Admin, permission was denied.

I changed the folder, subfolder, and file permissions to Everyone, Admin, and Users and was able to gain access to the folders and files, but every time I try to play one of the files (songs), I get an error telling me that Groove Music cannot find the file info to play the song.

Anyone ever seen this before and know what I need to do to fix the errors? I really don't want to start all over and have to rip all of these CDs again. And, I have about 800 more to go and would like to get this fixed before finishing my project. It has already taken me about a week to do just the 150 in my spare time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kratos
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper Storage Location Permission Issues

Put the drive back on the original machine and copy the files to a usb flash disc (some of them) and transfer that way.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kratos
      • Jun 2017

Re: CD Ripper Storage Location Permission Issues

Okay, I am not trying to transfer the files. One because I plan to use this HDD for my server. Also, because I will have more than 600 albums by the time I am done ripping them all and that is way more than I want to try and move to a computer.

I did plug it back into the original machine and all files play correctly. I also plugged into a couple Linux boxes and played the files without issue. It's just this one Windows 10 machine I seem to be having issues with.

Thanks,

Kratos

Comment

Working...

]]>