title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to see the CD cover!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MMBL622
    • Jun 2017

Unable to see the CD cover!

I’ve download a dBpoweramp trial version last night and rip 2 x CD to test the sound quality. Everything fine and I think dBpoweramp is a great product, I will buy the full version later.
    The only problem is the CD cover cannot show up in my ipad’s Lumin app. Since I only listen to Jazz music, it is very easy for my dBpoweramp to find the CD cover from internet, all I need to do is just double click on a CD cover picture that I want to use. I can see all my music files and the CD cover’s picture (jpg) in my PC but it couldn’t show up in my Lumin app….I've chcek my Lumin app setting, everything correct. Is there anything I have missed to do in my dBpoweramp setting? Or CD cover cannot show up in a trial version’s dBpoweramp ? For example: I’ve set 1000 x 1000 pixel size in my Album Art setting, is it because of this (Too large)? THX

PS: I rip my CD into FLAC file THROUGH MY pc 9wINDOWS), then load the music files into a 2.5” external HD and connect with my Lumin S-1 network music player. I will use NAS later but I think CD cover also can show up through external (?)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to see the CD cover!

You can see if the tracks have embedded album art by right clicking one of them >> Edit ID Tags, if there is art it will show at the bottom.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MMBL622
      • Jun 2017

Thanks! I will try to rip another CD tonight and see what happen. But I remember I can see the CD cover in the bottom.

Comment

• MMBL622
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
        You can see if the tracks have embedded album art by right clicking one of them >> Edit ID Tags, if there is art it will show at the bottom.

I try to rip another 3 x CD last night:

1) First, when I right click on each track in my dBpoweramp (see below pictures), I can’t found “Edit ID Tags” command
        2) You can see the album cover/ art work in showing in the bottom. You can see it should be OK (?), but I can’t see this in my Lumin app

Should I click the CD’s folder in my Lumin app and try find if a command is showing “Insert album art work or photo”?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	CD Cover-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	293356Click image for larger version

Name:	CD Cover-2.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	293357

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Hey MMBL622,

ad 1) Right click on a track in Windows Explorer. The menu entry "Edit ID Tags" should appear within the context menu of the Windows Explorer.

ad 2) If you can see the album art within the Windows Explorer, then the "problem" is your Lumin app. So Spoon asked you to check if there is an embedded album art in your music files at all.

In general: there are different methods programs and apps can use and have to display the album art. Most modern programs use the embedded album arts. Some use the method to display an album art, that is an extra jpg file called folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the folder of your album. On top some programs and apps have the limit to display album arts up to an maximum file size (i.e. 250kB) or picture size (i.e. 800px x 800px). So please check what method is used by and limits exist for your Lumin app.

Dat Ei

Comment

• MMBL622
            • Jun 2017

Hi Dat Ei

Thanks a lot! I will try this later. But what about if I can&*8217;t see the album art when I right click on a track in my Windows? Is that mean I&*8217;ve done something wrong or I missed something to do when I rip my CD?

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Hey MMBL622,

if you can't see an embedded album art, than there can be different reasons:

a) Before ripping dBpa couldn't find an album art for the CD online and you didn't specify any album art by hand.
              b) You have deleted the album art dBpa has found before ripping and you didn't specify any album art by Hand instead.
              c) You have configured that dBpa shouldn't embed the album art.
              d) You have deleted the embedded album art afterwards (not vrey likely).

So please check those 4 points, rip a CD and check for the embedded album art again.

Dat Ei

Comment

• MMBL622
                • Jun 2017

Hi Dat Ei

Thanks! Just try to use your advice. Look at the attached pictures, yes I can see the album art when I click on a track in my computer. Also when I right click a track, it show "Edit ID-Tag". And when I click on this Edit ID-Tag, it show all Tag's information such as Artist, Title, Album, Track, Year, Genre...etc. I will contact Lumin's technical support about this..
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0998.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	293358Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1002.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	293359

Comment

• MMBL622
                  • Jun 2017

Finally I found the reason why the album art couldn’t show up in my Lumin app, the problem is my external 2.5" HD is an old USB-2 type HD. Today I connect my HD with my brother’s Lumin D-1 and A-1, both also couldn’t show the CD cover in Lumin app as well. But after I load my music files in my brother’s HD (USB-3), it’s OK , I can see all the CD’s cover in Lumin app. Now I learn something but don’t understand why it cannot show the album art in USB-2 HD…

Comment

Working...

]]>