title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tagging problem with CoreConverter

Tagging problem with CoreConverter

I wrote a batch file to convert FLAC tracks into small M4A files for the MP3 player I use at the gym. The code is as follows:

"C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\CoreConverter.exe" -infile="IN.FLAC" -outfile="OUT.M4A" -convert_to="m4a" -cli_cmd="-b 48000 -p 29 --ignorelength -S -o {qt}[outfile]{qt} - " -selection="5,2"

The audio conversion gets handled without a hitch (the resultant M4A files are identical to those I would make going through the dBpoweramp context menu), but I can't get it to copy the ID3 tags. I keep getting an error message, "Writing ID Tags: Conversion Failed. Unable to tag file 'OUT.m4a'."

Note that dBpoweramp itself has no such problem; only CoreConverter. How can I fix this?

Interestingly, the one field that does get filled out is the "Encoding Tool" tag, which I would prefer to leave blank. Is there any way I can accomplish this too? Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Tagging problem with CoreConverter

You should specify full paths of the files.

Yes, that worked. Now I just have to rewrite my batch file to identify paths; thank you.

Meanwhile, is there an answer to my second question?I don't know if "Encoding Tools" is an atom or a tag, but is there a way to prevent it from being written?

Administrator

What is Encoding Tool set to? if it does not have dBpoweramp in the title, then we did not write, perhaps the encoder its self.

Tool is stored in the "©too"-box.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is Encoding Tool set to? if it does not have dBpoweramp in the title, then we did not write, perhaps the encoder its self.
    Encoder, it's stange ? do you not have compiled himsef ?

for help to debug (in windows 64x version), all id tags is good erased (with full idtag remove) exept this:

Encoding Tool fdkaac 0.6.3, libfdk-aac 3.4.22, VBR mode 1
    and it's removed possible, because when i use foobar 1.3.15 and use with his tool named "id tag processing" and in "deletation" "remove ALL ID-tags", it's NOT remove succesfully this tag, others eg: artists, title, album (etc...), its okay, why ??

The tool of dbpoweramp idtagremove has one little bug.
    if you put one new exe of ID Tag Processing.dll with thid debugs when updating it's wonderfull. (ps vers of his dll is 16.0.0.1)
    i not see new version of this in "updates" and / or "news".

regards, and congratulations for your work

Quote Originally Posted by jpt View Post
    blablabla previous...
    hello Spoon,
    Resolved himself with patched (and explained version for you) in 64 bits version.
    I not make for 32bits version, but with the explain it's very easy make so

I add for this patched version (no write "encopding tool: fdkaac vers etc....)
    checked in vbr mode and all is good about question asking by the previous user.

Link is ok for all users for one month, make à backup of original exe
    (warning ONLY 64 bits version, not 32 !!!)

http://dl.free.fr/sfR49kT6z

Regards,