title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't Uninstall

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HippoContagion
    • Jun 2017

Can't Uninstall

I can't uninstall PerfectTUNES. I'm trying to uninstall via the Add/Remove programs screen in Windows 10. I keep getting the following message...
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\SpoonUninstall.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I originally had this installed along side dbPowerAmp with a few additional add-on installs. I removed the add-ons and dbPowerAmp without issue.

I have tried re-installing PerfectTUNES. I thought maybe uninstalling dbPowerAmp first removed the SpoonUninstaller so I tried re-installing dbPowerAmp and then uninstalling PerfectTUNES. I have done these steps and rebooted after each install & uninstall. I went into the "system32" folder to manually look for SpoonUninstall, it isn't there. Finally I did a file search to see if I could locate SpoonUninstall. It found "SpoonUninstall.exe" (8.70mb) and "SpoonUninstall-PerfectTUNES.dat" in the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder I also found a folder "C:\ProgramFiles\SpoonUninstall" with another larger "SpoonUninstall.exe" (16.1mb). Running the smaller SpoonUninstall file found in SysWOW64 brings up the PerfectTUNES installer and seemingly will install and/or re-install while frustratingly temporarily uninstalling during the re-install. If I run the larger SpoonUninstall found in ProgramFiles I get the installer for dbPowerAmp.

Is there anything else I can try to uninstall PerfectTUNES?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't Uninstall

Delete the folder PefectTUNES (found in Program Files) and any icons, this is the same as uninstalling.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HippoContagion
      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      Delete the folder PefectTUNES (found in Program Files) and any icons, this is the same as uninstalling.
      Alright. Darn I was hoping to avoid that. I just finished a fresh install of Windows to clear out these sorts of remnant cobwebs. Oh well, this may be the first for this round but it certainly won't be the last. Thanks for the fast response.

I'll delete the folder and the entries from the Start Menu. I'll also hopefully be able to force Windows to remove the PerfectTUNES entry from add/remove programs. Any other things I need to look for? Is the SpoonUninstall folder safe to delete too? Any idea what went wrong?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

No ideas as this installer is used previously 10's of millions of times...

Just icons and program folder is needed.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nachtviech
          • Oct 2017

I had the same problem, the uninstaller isn't working in the modern UI App!

You have to use the old "program manager", so please go to:

"control panel"-> "Programs and Features"
          or
          Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

There you can uninstall Perfect Tunes without errors.

Comment

Working...

]]>