title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: artwork descriptions no longer working from explorer "edit id-tag".

artwork descriptions no longer working from explorer "edit id-tag".

version: dMC-R16.2-Ref-Registered
    windows 10 x64 v.1607
    apple lossless audio files.

I used to be able to assign or modify the artwork descriptions by using the windows explorer dbpoweramp "edit id-tag". Now, the explorer plug in seems to allow me to set the appropriate descriptions for art (front, back album covers, leaflet page, etc), but the change is not saved when I click ok. The file modification times change, so "something" is happening. When I verify that the descriptions were assigned, they all show "no description". This happens on multiple albums - now all my music shows "no description" for all the album art I've applied. arg.

I can still edit the meta data like artist, title, etc., but not set the art description.

Attached are two jpgs showing me setting the art, then verifying afterword.

Any help or a bugfix would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: artwork descriptions no longer working from explorer "edit id-tag".

We need to find if is specific to the file you are editing or all m4a files. If you could rip 1 track to m4a, add 4 art works (all front cover) then try to change as you do now, what happens?

Spoon, I tried exactly what you proposed: select a single track, add 4 identical artwork images, adjust the descriptions so all 4 descriptions were different, rip to apple lossless m4a. I got the same behavior: after the rip, when I look via the explorer edit id tag option, all art for the file shows "no description". When I try to set just the first to front album cover, click "ok", then edit the id tag, the images again all show "no description".

** Interestingly ** when I follow the identical procedure (same process, track/file), but rip to mp3, the descriptions i put in at time of rip "stick", and I can modify them as-expected from the explorer plug-in.

I'm running the current Itunes v.12.6.1.25. I wonder if it's some kind of obscure itunes or windows10 file-type protection.

Thank you for your prompt reply :-)

John

Administrator

Thanks for the report, will check it out next time am updating PerfectTUNES next beta.

Thank you!