title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dynamic Naming help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kanopsis
    • May 2017

Dynamic Naming help

Hi All,

I'm having trouble getting my dynamic naming to work correctly and if anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I've spent hours adjusting and testing to no avail. I currently have Artist\Year - Album\Track - Title (if the album has multiple discs it's Artist\Year - Album\CD1\Track - Title). Here's my dynamic naming string...

[artist]\[year] - [album] (320)\[IFMULTI][]CD[disc] - [album][IF!MULTI][]\[track] - [title]

The multi disc part works, but I can't figure out how to get the single discs to work correctly. I'd like them to be as follows:
    The Beatles\1968 - White Album (320)\cd1 - White Album\01 - Back In The U.S.S.R..mp3
    The Beatles\1969 - Yellow Submarine (320)\01 - Yellow Submarine.mp3

Thanks!
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Dynamic Naming help

Hey kanopsis,

could you please try:

[artist]\[year] - [album] (320)\[IFMULTI]CD[disc] - [album][][IF!MULTI][track] - [title][]

On the other hand just two ideas:

- Why not put '(320)' in the base path, even above the artist, to distinguish the different formats?
    - Why not put all tracks of multidisc albums in on directory and put the disc number in front of the track number?

Dat Ei

Comment

• kanopsis
      • May 2017

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Hey kanopsis,

could you please try:

[artist]\[year] - [album] (320)\[IFMULTI]CD[disc] - [album][][IF!MULTI][track] - [title][]

On the other hand just two ideas:

- Why not put '(320)' in the base path, even above the artist, to distinguish the different formats?
      - Why not put all tracks of multidisc albums in on directory and put the disc number in front of the track number?

Dat Ei
      Hi Dat,
      Sorry, that one didn't work. It did not separate tracks into multi CD directories. Everything went into the same directory. I'm having trouble with the [IFMULTI] part. It didn't work unless I used it like this... [IFMULTI][]CD[disc], etc.

I'm converting my collection of flacs, creating a separate set to play in my car. I could put all tracks in one directory, but I sometimes want to only listen to one album of a set.

Thanks,
      Steve

Comment

• kanopsis
        • May 2017

OK, I changed direction on this and I finally got it to work. I abandoned the [IFMULTI] direction and used this instead...

[artist]\[year] - [album] [320]\[IFVALUE][disc],CD[disc] - [album]\[track] - [title],[track] - [title][]

Thanks,
        Steve

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Hey Steve,

sorry, I've forgotten the track title in the multi disc scenario:

[artist]\[year] - [album] (320)\[IFMULTI]CD[disc] - [album]\[track] - [title][][IF!MULTI][track] - [title][]

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>