title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to disable album art lookup when ripping CDs?

How to disable album art lookup when ripping CDs?

I'd much rather add the album art later on so how can you disable the automatic lookup of album art when it detects the metadata?

Administrator

Re: How to disable album art lookup when ripping CDs?

It is not possible to stop the art being looked up, you can stop it being written to the ID tags, with the DSP effect 'ID Tag Processing'

This issue is a year old and still not fixed: This was driving me crazy too. I tag my own music (is that so strange) don&*8217;t know why it is not an option. Lazy people can&*8217;t do their own tagging.

I found a solution:

Menu +Active Providers + Settings + Free DB

Deselect &*8220;Allow dBpoweramp to Access Internet

Was ready to uninstall the software. I am already pissed I have to buy a converter that I don&*8217;t need. I just needed a ripper.

Administrator

Your issue and their issues are different, they just wanted to disable album art, you want no metadata which is easy by unchecking all the providers.

Without the converter CD Ripper would not be able to encode any files, it uses the converter to write...
    Last edited by Spoon; 10-23-2018 at 05:51 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gbrebner View Post
    This issue is a year old and still not fixed: This was driving me crazy too.

... I am already pissed I have to buy a converter that I don't need. I just needed a ripper.
    There is nothing broken so there is nothing to fix. You just need to know how to use the software.