title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No Metadata Is Loaded Mac

No Metadata Is Loaded Mac

Hi, I have been trying the Mac trial version of the CD ripper, version 16.1 with OS X 10.11.6. The problem is it doesn't seem to load any metadata, besides what is maybe on the disc. Clicking the refresh button flashes the loading bar for a second, then disappears. Clicking the orange tag button shows one column with the metadata it already has (again, maybe from the CD?) but no other columns for other sources. Also the album art is not loaded, but I can do it manually with the Choose (from internet) button.

Interestingly this all seemed to work during one of the 16.1 betas (beta 8 I think) but doesn't now. I don't have the Mac firewall or any other firewalls on my system. I've included a couple screenshots to describe what's happening. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kingsapo; 05-18-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Administrator

Re: No Metadata Is Loaded Mac

Try inserting a disc you know has never been used before.

Those details are from the metadata cache, however clicking refresh should override this cache and refetch from the intenet.

Hi, thanks for the quick response! The issue is still happening with a couple other discs, hitting the refresh button flashes the progress bar for a second and the manual meta review screen shows one column, like my original screenshot.

I've set the max cache size to 0 and deleted everything in ~/Library/dBpoweramp. Then I tried disabling all the sources and refreshing, which expectedly didn't load anything. I then enabled them one by one until something loaded, which happened when freedb was enabled. It looks like that is the only source it's pulling from, everything else doesn't seem to respond.

Hi, just wanted to let you know it's all set. I've gone ahead and purchased the Mac version and it's working great! I think there may be an issue with just the trial version of the app, as I tried on a different mac with a different internet connection and got the same issues as before. But the paid version is working great, so thanks!