title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to get rid of the full source path

How to get rid of the full source path

I want to convert the files from Folder A to Folder B, while preserving the Folder A&*8217;s folder/subfolder structure. But, after I converted the files to Folder B, the full source path of Folder A is added to Folder B. What did I do incorrectly?

This is what I did. In the dBpoweramp Music Converter dialog box, I set the Output to box to Edit Dynamic Naming. This brought up the dBpoweramp: Dynamic Naming dialog box. In that box, I clicked Set to set the Base Location to Folder B. Also in that box, the Dynamic Naming box is set to [origpath]\[origfilename]. I then clicked OK.

This takes me back to the dBpoweramp Music Converter dialog box. But, the Output To is now set to C:\Users\John\Desktop\Folder B\Source Path\Source Filename. When I clicked Convert, it converted the files to Folder B, but it also added Folder A&*8217;s entire path, starting from "User", to Folder B.

In other words, the converted files are now in: C:\Users\my username\Desktop\Folder B\Users\myusername\Desktop\Folder A
    Last edited by dikliu; 05-10-2017 at 07:28 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to get rid of the full source path

Quote Originally Posted by dikliu View Post
    I want to convert the files from Folder A to Folder B, while preserving the Folder A&*8217;s folder/subfolder structure. But, after I converted the files to Folder B, the full source path of Folder A is added to Folder B. What did I do incorrectly?

This is what I did. In the dBpoweramp Music Converter dialog box, I set the Output to box to Edit Dynamic Naming. This brought up the dBpoweramp: Dynamic Naming dialog box. In that box, I clicked Set to set the Base Location to Folder B. Also in that box, the Dynamic Naming box is set to [origpath]\[origfilename]. I then clicked OK.

This takes me back to the dBpoweramp Music Converter dialog box. But, the Output To is now set to C:\Users\John\Desktop\Folder B\Source Path\Source Filename. When I clicked Convert, it converted the files to Folder B, but it also added Folder A&*8217;s entire path, starting from "User", to Folder B.

In other words, the converted files are now in: C:\Users\my username\Desktop\Folder B\Users\myusername\Desktop\Folder A
    You need some number of "trimfirstfolder" commands in your dynamic naming string (maybe 3??). Note for each one there is a set of "[]" after [origpath]

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][][]\[origfilename]

Re: How to get rid of the full source path

That works! Thanks so much.