title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP no longer visible on QNAP TurboNAS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hovartm
    • Feb 2016

Asset UPnP no longer visible on QNAP TurboNAS

I have used Asset on the HS-251 TurboNAS for two years with no problems, accessing via four different client devices.
    A few days ago, Asset was no longer visible on any of the devices. The native QNAP audio server is still accessible, I can also access video from the NAS, and can access the data folders over the network from my laptop.
    When I try to open the Asset app from the NAS webpage, it cannot fid the network address.
    I have tried stopping and restarting the app, rebooting the router, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, all with no success.

QNAP software is 4.3.3, but I am not sure of Asset version, as I cannt access it!

Any thoughts please?
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Asset UPnP no longer visible on QNAP TurboNAS

And you have updated the qnap firmware lately, right? Did asset ever work with that version?

Dat Ei

Comment

• hovartm
      • Feb 2016

I updated the firmware on 13th April. To be honest, I could not say for definite that Asset worked after that, I have spent more of my time since then setting up video playback from the NAS
      However, I would have thought it is only a few days since I noticed Asset had stopped working, not the three weeks since the firmware update.
      Is there anything known of conflicts between QNAP 4.3.3 and Asset? I did read another thread where upgrading to 4.3.3 had resolved issues with Asset availability.
      Thanks.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

There are at least two different builds of 4.3.3. Maybe the latest one will help.

Dat Ei

Comment

• hovartm
          • Feb 2016

From what I can tell, I am running the latest according to the QNAP web site - 4.3.3.0154

Comment

• hovartm
            • Feb 2016

Just spotted that the Asset build is 4.6.3, which I assume is now quite old?
            Should I update to latest build of Asset?
            Thanks

Comment

• hovartm
              • Feb 2016

Sorry, but I cannot see how as a registered user to download the latest build of Asset without re-purchasing.
              Any guidance welcome.
              Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Re-issue registered version of dBpoweramp can be downloaded from this page:

(clicking the above link from your email program might not open the link, copy and paste it into the title bar).

Enter your Order reference / receipt number when asked, a download link is then presented.

Lost your order number? visit: https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/lostorder.aspx
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hovartm
                  • Feb 2016

Installed Asset 5.1, appears to now be working - the Asset web page opens when I click the app, and it is now scanning the media library. Fingers crossed!
                  Many thanks for your help Spoon and Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>