title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playing FLAC files in car with USB stick?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wdesbrow
    • Feb 2015

Playing FLAC files in car with USB stick?

Newbie Question Please --

Last year I ripped all my CD's (and downloaded a few hi res files) using DB PowerAmp (to FLAC) for storage on a home WD NAS Drive -- for playback on home stereo using JRiver Media Center software.

What are my options when transferring selected files to a usb drive for playback in my car.

So far, using Windows 10, I have tried to simply copy them from the WD hard drive file to two different usb sticks. The software seems to refuse to copy either ENTIRE albums or ENTIRE groups of songs off one album. It looked like I WAS ABLE to copy one selected song one done separately.

If your advice is to convert to a lower quality format (mp-3?) what is the easiest way to do that? If I want to stick with FLAC files, is there a better way to do that than using a usb stick?

THANKS!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Playing FLAC files in car with USB stick?

This is what you need:

Introducing TuneFUSION TuneFUSION's one purpose is the synchronization of audio, from your main library to a different device or location: Right now TuneFUSION can synchronize to: Foobar2000 mobile (1.1.18 needed or newer) Removable disk (such as flash disk for the car), Network Share FTP Later additions might add:
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wdesbrow
      • Feb 2015

Spoon,

THANK YOU for the fast response. I am not a technical person, so could you please give me some instructions on how to use Tune FUSION? (I am concerned about unintentionally altering my library!) Also, -- is TuneFUSION PART of DBPoweramp? Does it have to be used TOGETHER with DB or can it be used independently?

Comment

• wdesbrow
        • Feb 2015

Spoon -- also, (see my last post) What is the difference between Music converter in DB and TuneFUSION? When should I use use either? It seems like I have a problem specifying files to be converted when I am accessing my music files through windows on y WD external drives.

Then, everytime I fail, Tune FUSION refuses to re-open -- and asks me to download it again and replace its old version (?).

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

TuneFUSION is a separate program, once running you find its icon near the clock (a dot with 2 lines to the side), click the icon to get to the settings screen. No need to re-run the installer.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>