title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Edit ID-Tag has problem with files over 4GB?

Edit ID-Tag has problem with files over 4GB?

I'm aware that this might be beyond the remit of Edit ID-Tag, but at the moment I'm trying to establish where my problem lies.

I have some video files in .mp4 format. The AtomicParsley program shows me that they have metadata tags, and so does Edit ID-Tag - unless the file is larger than 4GB in which case AtomicParsley still shows the tags but Edit ID-Tag says the file "Contains no ID Tags". If I change the value of a tag in Edit ID-Tag (which is showing me empty fields at that point) then that change shows up using AtomicParsley - but Edit ID-Tag still reports that the file contains no ID tags. All files that I have over 4GB display the fault; nothing below 4GB has yet shown a problem, hence my suspicion that it's something to do with filesize.

At this point I'm just trying to understand which tool is having the problem. If it's a bug that will eventually be fixed, then great - if it's that Edit ID-Tag is just the wrong tool for this then fine, but that would be a shame as it meets my needs so well otherwise!

The is the Edit ID-Tag functionality from the file-explorer right-click menu. dBpoweramp Release 16.2, 64-bit, Reference Registered, on Windows 10 Home.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pete

Administrator

Re: Edit ID-Tag has problem with files over 4GB?

You are able to upload one file to dropbox and provide a link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You are able to upload one file to dropbox and provide a link please?
    Apologies - I haven't been keeping up and only saw this today. Then I had to go and find a new file as I'd finished with the previous one and deleted it. Anyway, I downloaded this from the BBC and it does demonstrate the behavior - namely, Edit ID-Tag shows no tags; but "mp3tag" from http://www.mp3tag.de/ can see them.

Haven't tried to share files like this before so I hope it works!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Pete

[Sorry if you see this twice; my first attempt seems to have disappeared]

Apologies - I haven't been keeping up and I only saw this today. Then I had to find a new file as I'd finished with the previous one and deleted it. Anyway, I found this on the BBC and it does demonstrate the behaviour - namely Edit ID-Tag doesn't show any tags, but mp3tag (from mp3tag.de) can see them.

I haven't tried sharing files this way before, so I hope it works:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Pete

Administrator

Thanks, have the file, will check when looking at r16 beta next.