title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset upnp keeps stopping

Asset upnp keeps stopping

Any help please, i have had Asett running on my PC for ages now without any problems untill recently, i took my hard drive out of my computer which had my music stored on then put it back in since then,randomly my music stops playing and when i look on my PC it says "a problem as caused asset upnp to stop working please close the program" i have uninstalled Asset upnp and reinstalled it but it still does it,strange as all i have done is take out the hard drive from my PC which as my music on and put it back in my pc

Administrator

Re: Asset upnp keeps stopping

Which version of Asset are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which version of Asset are you running?
    Version 6 one thing I noticed once I reinstalled asset was it said there was an old version of asset installed version 5 don't know how I've got version 6 does asset upgrade it's self

Administrator

Please visit:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-crash-dumping

and setup your computer to create a crash dumping, then upload the log to dropbox and provide a link please (by personal messaging on this forum).

Hi Spoon
    thanks for the quick reply and apologies for not replying sooner, I have followed the instructions given in your link to create a crashdump folder but with no success, when I click on hard drive c and press alt and f the pop up as no create new folder, when I open up hard drive c then press alt and f it pops up to create new folder which I have then named crashdump, I have copied the link you have given and pasted it to the crashdump folder and extracted all, asset as crashed several times I have closed the program and gone into the crashdump folder but there is nothing there? I don't know what I'm doing wrong? when I go on my computer there are quite a few notifications saying "a problem as caused asset to stop working please close the program" which I do but nothing in the crashdump folder?

Administrator

Which Windows version do you have?

Windows 7

Administrator

You ran the registry file and it asked to insert into the registry?

Yes it did, I selected hard drive c opened hard drive c where it then shows amongst other items users etc I named a folder crashdump saved the file with the link given into the crashdump folder extracted all it asked to save into registry which I did, after asset stopped working I went into the crashdump folder and it was empty? Can not understand how removing the hard drive with my music on from my pc then putting it back in can cause asset to stop working when nothing as been changed on my pc?

Administrator

I am sorry I do not know what to suggest, if crash dumping is not working, this is built into the operating system.

Hi Spoon
    I will work on trying to get the crashdump sorted it must be me who is doing something wrong again thanks for your replys

Private messaged you Spoon