title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converters replaces dash in title and folder names by slash - Conversion fails

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dBFlo
    • Apr 2017

Batch Converters replaces dash in title and folder names by slash - Conversion fails

I just downloaded R16.2 Windows trial (from a registered R15.3 Windows version, used on Windows 10 version 1607) to see if I would upgrade. When I run Batch Converter I encounter a problem that I never experienced with my converting routine in R15.3.

I use dynamic naming to save my converted files (aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd are strings):

E:\aaa\bbb\ccc-ddd\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [title]

When I try to convert som files, an error "unable to open file" occurs for all the destination files and conversion is aborted. The error message states the name of the file it is unable to access, and in this case the filename is :

E:\aaa\bbb\ccc/ddd\album artist\album\track title

The dash in the filename has been changed to a slash, which explains why conversion fails. This also occurs if a dash is present in the title field for instance.

Could you please give me a hint on how to solve this ? (Without removing the dashes from my folder names or titles, as it worked seamlessly with R15.3.)

For information, I have not modified the list of Filename Restricted Characters in the settings page.

Thanks in advance,
    Best,
    Flo
    Last edited by dBFlo; 04-25-2017, 02:49 PM. Reason: Added OS version
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Batch Converters replaces dash in title and folder names by slash - Conversion fa

Hey Flo,

read here!

Dat Ei

Comment

• dBFlo
      • Apr 2017

Re: Batch Converters replaces dash in title and folder names by slash - Conversion fa

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Hey Flo,

read here!

Dat Ei
      Thanks a lot for the quick feedback. I had to reset the Filename Restricted Characters to default twice, and now everything is working fine !

Thanks again,
      Best,
      Flo

Comment

Working...

]]>