title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accuraterip does not recognize my external CD drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RNI61
    • Apr 2017

Accuraterip does not recognize my external CD drive

Hi all
    I just bought a new laptop (Asus) and it has no internal CD drive. Got an external drive on USB (Asus also). DBpoweramp works well with this (recognized in seconds), however Accuraterip state s my drive as "unknown" when asking for a key disc. I've tried with 3 different disc's same result. My rips are not verifyed with Accuraterip, but "secure". Take twice the time :-(

Further info: I connect my drive in the USB 3 port, even it's a USB 2 drive. Does this matter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards: René from Denmark
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Accuraterip does not recognize my external CD drive

You can try a different drive? no drive should appear as (unknown), that just means the drive is failing the most basic of requests (to return the drive name).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RNI61
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      You can try a different drive? no drive should appear as (unknown), that just means the drive is failing the most basic of requests (to return the drive name).
      Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough (my mistake). It is "unknown" to Accuraterip, it's recognised in Windows 10, and in DBpoweramp (Version 16.2), by it's name. No problem there. I do not have any spare drive to test with.

Maybe the solution is to buy an internal and install it myself :-(

Anyway, thanks for your concern.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by RNI61
        Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough (my mistake). It is "unknown" to Accuraterip, it's recognised in Windows 10, and in DBpoweramp (Version 16.2), by it's name. No problem there. I do not have any spare drive to test with.

Maybe the solution is to buy an internal and install it myself :-(

Anyway, thanks for your concern.

I would keep trying with common CDs. Sometimes it can take 10 to 20 CDs before setup.

Comment

• RNI61
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by garym
          I would keep trying with common CDs. Sometimes it can take 10 to 20 CDs before setup.
          I will do that. Patience is not my strongest side :-)

Thanx.

KR: René

Comment

Working...

]]>