title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Accuraterip does not recognize my external CD drive

Accuraterip does not recognize my external CD drive

Hi all
    I just bought a new laptop (Asus) and it has no internal CD drive. Got an external drive on USB (Asus also). DBpoweramp works well with this (recognized in seconds), however Accuraterip state s my drive as "unknown" when asking for a key disc. I've tried with 3 different disc's same result. My rips are not verifyed with Accuraterip, but "secure". Take twice the time :-(

Further info: I connect my drive in the USB 3 port, even it's a USB 2 drive. Does this matter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards: René from Denmark

Administrator

Re: Accuraterip does not recognize my external CD drive

You can try a different drive? no drive should appear as (unknown), that just means the drive is failing the most basic of requests (to return the drive name).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can try a different drive? no drive should appear as (unknown), that just means the drive is failing the most basic of requests (to return the drive name).
    Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough (my mistake). It is "unknown" to Accuraterip, it's recognised in Windows 10, and in DBpoweramp (Version 16.2), by it's name. No problem there. I do not have any spare drive to test with.

Maybe the solution is to buy an internal and install it myself :-(

Anyway, thanks for your concern.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RNI61 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough (my mistake). It is "unknown" to Accuraterip, it's recognised in Windows 10, and in DBpoweramp (Version 16.2), by it's name. No problem there. I do not have any spare drive to test with.

Maybe the solution is to buy an internal and install it myself :-(

Anyway, thanks for your concern.

I would keep trying with common CDs. Sometimes it can take 10 to 20 CDs before setup.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I would keep trying with common CDs. Sometimes it can take 10 to 20 CDs before setup.
    I will do that. Patience is not my strongest side :-)

Thanx.

KR: René