title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: TuneFUSION Discussions

Re: TuneFUSION Discussions

Uh, testing. I made a lengthy post reporting an issue, and it got deleted all of a sudden after I edited it. If it's really lost, well that's discouraging.

If it doesn't happen again I'll edit this and add back what I wanted to say.

Edit: Ah, was it because I included a reference link? Sigh.

Ok, the issue happened syncing with foobar2000 after overriding the default destination folder. It works well when I use the default, but I don't want to use the default one (where is this getting stored at anyways?).

When I define another folder, TuneFUSION only transfer one song per artist. That is, I end up with a bunch of folders that have just one track inside each.

Log only says Unable to Transfer for each not transferred song. This is the issue.

That said, there's another issue I see coming and I wanted to give the heads up.,There are albums that have many songs named the same and by the same artist (go to vgmdb and check album 225 for an example). I figure this will become an issue if unaddressed.

GL
    Last edited by -Phantom-; 10-28-2018 at 01:24 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by -Phantom- View Post
    TuneFUSION syncs properly when I don't override the default foobar2000 folder. But I have no interest in keeping my music in appdata. (Where is this stored anyways? I actually would like to know this.
    If you are referring to the appdata folder in windows, it is a hidden folder in the windows user folder: %userprofile%\appdata

However, it may be that you refer to foobar2000 for android, i.e. foobar2000 mobile, therefore you can ignore my comments here.

If users have a Standard foobar2000 for windows installation, rather than a Portable installation, foobar200 stores application settings in the appdata folder and (usually) not the audio library files. If users don't want music in the appdata folder, then don't put them there. I am possibly misunderstanding something here i.e. what Synchronization Type is selected, as you haven't specified?

I foresee a different issue altogether on the long run. Take this album for example: https://vgmdb.net/album/255

There are numerous tracks with the same name. TuneFUSION would have to consider length, track and disc number, or other values for there not to be errors.
    It is only an issue if you have duplicate filenames. Having [disc] and [track] tags in the filename when ripped/created, circumvents any potential duplicate filename problems.
    Last edited by mville; 10-28-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Super Moderator

Uh, testing. I made a lengthy post reporting an issue, and it got deleted all of a sudden after I edited it. If it's really lost, well that's discouraging.

If it doesn't happen again I'll edit this and add back what I wanted to say.

Edit: Ah, was it because I included a reference link? Sigh.

Ok, the issue happened syncing with foobar2000 after overriding the default destination folder. It works well when I use the default, but I don't want to use the default one (where is this getting stored at anyways?).

When I define another folder, TuneFUSION only transfer one song per artist. That is, I end up with a bunch of folders that have just one track inside each.

Log only says Unable to Transfer for each not transferred song. This is the issue.

That said, there's another issue I see coming and I wanted to give the heads up.,There are albums that have many songs named the same and by the same artist (go to vgmdb and check album 225 for an example). I figure this will become an issue if unaddressed.

GL

Thanks for your feedback.

Your initial post is now visible, it was only temporarily hidden by spam protection due to the URLs.

I would like to know what exact device & Android OS version are you using, so I can recreate the bug in my lab.

Your conclusions about overriding the folder make perfect sense to me - all writing to generic SD card folders is routed through Android DocumentFile framework which is quirky to say the least. Indeed writing to the default folder is the least problematic scenario.

Super Moderator

Additionally, I would like to see the full log generated during the failed transfer. It seems Android filesystem is picky about specific characters in file and folder names, perhaps I can recreate the bug if I try to produce the exact same folder & filename scheme as you use.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Delete Destination Tracks no Longer Present in Source is not working.
    This is still not fixed in Release 1 Beta 5. I have just synced about 400 flacs of which approx. 15 were renamed. The renamed flacs appear in the synced location fine, but the originally named flacs remain also.

dBpoweramp Guru

A couple of issues: I continued to get "Error Overwriting File errors, even after getting rid of some duplicate file names in the two source directories. By chance I discovered one directory of files with very long names, due to a data entry error (There were many blank spaces in the middle of the filename.) I fixed those and now no longer seem to get the error, but I haven't run a complete sync since then so am not really sure.

One thing that would really help would be if the log provided the real file name instead of the coded file name used for the temp file. Then one could effectively troubleshoot the error.

Log file:Log-5361224877526375388.txt

The next issue is really weird. Most of the detail log comes out in Chinese characters, sometimes. And the file it says it is removing isn't even there to remove. It is actually the first of several files in the Windows "music" library, the default directory for the sync source, which I deleted from the sync source as that's not where I keep the source (or destination) files. And it isn't in the sync destination directory pre-sync to remove.

Log file: Log-e5361224877526375388.txt

Thanks

John

TuneFusion is working great for me.

Sorry I don't have time to read the whole thread and maybe you already discussed this.

I don't run it straight to a USB Stick. I run it to a "staging directory" (the target). Because I maintain 3 sticks the same. Then I sync that directory with the sticks using another tool.

Anyway I needed to reformat the drive I had this staging directory on. No problem. I can just run TuneFusion and it will rebuild it. Nope it appears to store that state in a database somewhere. Can you please add an option to "reset" a Sync. If I was using it direct to a USB Stick I'd want the same option in case I lost or corrupted a stick and I'd want to be able to use a fresh stick and just have it sync the whole thing.

This option might exist but I can't seem to find it.

I'd prefer not reset the entire state of TuneFusion because I don't want to lose my crafted "Syncs" or possibly other Syncs. I just want to reset a sync.

Sync to Foobar on my iPhone keeps failing. I not sure understand how the sync works are the actual files that are being synced being downloaded to my iPhone? If they are I'll be out of storage quick!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CortezTheKiller View Post
    Sync to Foobar on my iPhone keeps failing. I not sure understand how the sync works are the actual files that are being synced being downloaded to my iPhone? If they are I'll be out of storage quick!
    Yes, files are copied to the iPhone.

Administrator

How does it fail? what message is shown?