title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TuneFUSION Discussions

Administrator

TuneFUSION Discussions

Discussions relating to TuneFUSION which is found here:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?39617

Re: TuneFUSION Discussions

Interesting!

Is a QNAP qpkg planed?
    Direct QNAP to QNAP via RSYNC or something similar would be very nice...

Administrator

It is not currently planned.

dBpoweramp Guru

Wow, seems like a very useful tool if it eventually meets my needs. I right now rip everything to FLAC for home listening and archiving, and to m4a for my smartphone, which is also my car music source via blutooth. The issue is I rip the music to my NAS, where both directories (FLAC and m4a) live. It takes me ages to get around to copying the m4a files from my server to the SD card in the phone. So I don't get to listen to my new music for months. An automatic or semi-automatic sync would solve this.

Some issues I have: I have more music on the server than will fit on the micro SD card, although new, larger SD cards may possibly solve this when the price comes down. It would be great if there was a selection process, like selection, or non-selection by genre. Christmas season, so load the Christmas genre. Season over, remove them to make room for something else and don't load any Christmas music. Also, no Classical in the sync, possibly select by length, nothing over 10 minutes, etc. It would be really nice if it would do conversions, like from the FLAC on the server to m4a on the phone so I wouldn't have to do the multi-encoder rip.

Administrator

It does all you want.

Windows only?

Administrator

Yes

Is it possible only to synchronice files where a "special" tag (like "export2car") is set to a certain value.

Administrator

Quit Tune Fusion.

if you type %appdata%\TuneFUSION into windows file explorers address bar.

Then edit Filters.txt

Add to the bottom of the list 'export2car'

Then remove all the other files from this folder, except for filters.txt. Then run TuneFUSION, you will see on the filter page a listing as export2car' where you can exclude all except a certain item.

Thanks Spoon.
    Great, that works.

Thanks for bringing up such a tool. I have just tested current version (release 1 beta 1).

Issues with current version:
    - Filter 'With Audio Properties Below or Equal to:' does not work correctly: 96/24 Flac is
    processed even with filter set to 44.1/16.
    - After initial sync: When file in destination is deleted manually the sync does not replace the deleted file with a new one
    - Synchronization Type: Only 'Removable Disk' was available while I was testing (Issue while test run in a VM?)

Environment where I would use that tool
    - Large FLAC plus MP3 collection (>1TB) on a NAS
    - Different folders for different file formats or categories in one NAS share: 01-MP3-MUSIC, 02-MP3-CLASSICAL, 03-FLAC-MUSIC, 04-FLAC-SPEECH,...
    - For iTunes and in-house streaming FLAC collection needs to be present any time as MP3 also: 03-FLAC-MUSIC = 13-MP3-MUSIC-FROM-FLAC, same music in different format
    - MAC and Windows mixed household
    - Audio meta data (tags) are changed and improved from time to time with different tool -> timestamp of file will change

Scenarios
    1. Sync FLAC folders into MP3 folders on NAS, like 03-FLAC-MUSIC -> 13-MP3-MUSIC-FROM-FLAC, including all other files, e.g. pictures (*.JPG) and while preserving same folder structure (below that top level sync folder)
    2. Preparation for car audio usage: Alpine INE-W925R does not show covers when above 500x500 px: Copy files from a temporary collection folder onto a USB-Stick and bulk resize artwork within audio files, folder structure can be created from scratch - I think this can be done already with TuneFUSION today :-)
    3. Preparation for mobile audio player usage: FiiO X3 get confused by Mac UNIX hidden files ('.*'): Copy files from a temporary collection folder onto a SD-Card and erase all unwanted files in destination, folder structure can be created from scratch

Needed features
    - Option: Preserve folder structure and names: Folder in destination location will have the the same structure and names like in source location
    - Option: Copying of additional files like PDF, TXT and JPG, best if an additional filter can be applied to that function
    - Option: Deletion of unwanted folders and files in destination: macOS does create a lot additional hidden files and folders like .TemporaryItems, .DS_Store, .Spotlight-V100,.... Those can confuse simple audio players
    - Sync into a specific folder (on a NAS), not only a network drive
    - Sync process need to detect changes in timestamp of files (because tags have been altered) and need to sync those files again even if they are already existing in destination

Hope this will help to make this an amazing tool. :-)
    Last edited by Perfectionist; 05-14-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Administrator

>'With Audio Properties Below or Equal to:'

This relates to the 1:1 copy option above, so setting to 44KHz would reconvert any 96KHz item.

>When file in destination is deleted manually the sync does not replace the deleted file with a new one

Edit sync >> options >> next sync >> detect and rewrite missing files on destination

>Synchronization Type: Only 'Removable Disk'

It is the only one completed yet.

> Option: Preserve folder structure and names:

Setting the naming to [origfolder]\[origfilename]

>Sync process need to detect changes in timestamp of files

It will already do this

I installed this yesterday on my Windows 7 64 bit PC. Worked great after install but won't run now. I click on the icon and it doesn't do anything. It shows in task manager but thats all.

Regards John

Administrator

Try a full reboot of your Windows, if still no go look at your security software, it might be blocking it.

Brilliant concept, I've wished for a tool like this for long.

Some ideas. And I'm sorry if some of them already exist:

- Custom presets based on the genre tag?
    I mostly find Opus transparent at 125kbps, but for some types of electronic music (tech house, techno ++) I need 140kbps to make it transparent (I've ABX'ed it.).
    Could be like: Use X kbps for all music, but use Y kbps for genres in a comma seperated list.

- Is it possible to copy folder tree? If not, add it?

- Option to copy other files than audio, based on a filter. Like 'Folder.jpg', '*.PNG' or 'Info\*' for whole folders.

- Option to set a folder on destination, not just use root.
    Last edited by olavrb; 05-20-2017 at 11:45 AM.