title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TuneFUSION Discussions

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: TuneFUSION Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Whenever I am on the Audio Formats & Naming page and I select:
    Re-encode Lossy As = mp3 (Lame)
    Mode = Variable Bit Rate (VBR)
    Quality = -V 1 [estimated 220kbps]

If I click the Advanced button, TuneFUSION window is greyed out and in Task Manager, TuneFUSION is Not Responding, CPU is at 10-12% and remains like this, indefinitely.
    This is still an issue with the new beta 4 release.

... Please note. I have added C:\Program Files\TuneFUSION\* to my Avast anti-virus exclusions.
    Last edited by mville; 03-02-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Administrator

Yes we have been unable to fix this one...

Administrator

As:

.ext1;.ext2

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    As:

.ext1;.ext2
    The Sync Additional Files With Extension option isn't working for me. Flac and mp3 files sync, but cover.jpg and CDRipper.log files are not being synced, with R1 beta 4.

Administrator

Doing a network share sync?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Doing a network share sync?
    Yes.

So, my car audio requires "/" for multiple artists. I had to revert the recent multiple ARTIST tags under the m4a codec options in dbpoweramp and continue ripping using the old default, problem solved. New device (Sony NW-ZX300) has brought up issues again regarding metadata. In this case, it would seem my metadata has too much detail. For the year, many of the albums have the actual release date stored as YYYY MM DD, which is seen as Unknown. Multiple artists only shows the last entry to name two issues found so far.

Like with the album art that allows limiting resolution, would it/ is it possible to perform customisation of the id tags on a per device level? My switch to lossless was driven by the frustration of having to rerip everytime a new device switched from mp3, atrac3plus, m4a and I feel reducing the quality of my "Master Library" to please each device would be undoing a lot of the work already done.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by android_808 View Post
    would it/ is it possible to perform customisation of the id tags on a per device level? My switch to lossless was driven by the frustration of having to rerip everytime a new device switched from mp3, atrac3plus, m4a and I feel reducing the quality of my "Master Library" to please each device would be undoing a lot of the work already done.
    The best solution is to rip your CDs to a lossless format which you use as your master library e.g. flac, according to the standards set by Illustrate.

Using this master library, you can copy or convert to other formats e.g. mp3, atrac3plus, m4a. You can then edit these copies to fix tags for poorly designed player/device software/firmware.

You will end up with more than 1 library, but your master library remains intact.

The best solution is to rip your CDs to a lossless format which you use as your master library e.g. flac, according to the standards set by Illustrate.

Using this master library, you can copy or convert to other formats e.g. mp3, atrac3plus, m4a. You can then edit these copies to fix tags for poorly designed player/device software/firmware.

You will end up with more than 1 library, but your master library remains intact.
    Probably should have been a little clearer. The master library has always been ripped to flac since purchasing dbpoweramp R15. I have multi-encode set up so that it creates a master library, that meets standards/ defaults set by R15, and a m4a library. The m4a library is standard, except for reverting the artist delimiter change that was introduced after the initial setup. Although I could set up a second flac library, HDD space wise this just isn't practical.

I'm not proposing something like Handbrakes multitude of output profiles as that would be overkill, just something that takes the core tags (artist, album artist, album, title, year) that are often handled differently. Title and album will always be title and album for example or the player isn't worth having. Something like:
    Output Multiple Artists as... Original format/ Comma seperated list.
    Output Release date as... Original/ limit to YYYY.

For the year, I suppose I could sync the device and then open the devices folder in mp3tag and run an action like FORMAT value "YEAR": $left(%year%,4). Would just be more convenient to do at the time of sync.
    Last edited by android_808; 05-01-2018 at 11:05 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

The master library has always been ripped to flac since purchasing dbpoweramp R15. I have multi-encode set up so that it creates a master library, that meets standards/ defaults set by R15, and a m4a library. The m4a library is standard, except for reverting the artist delimiter change that was introduced after the initial setup. Although I could set up a second flac library, HDD space wise this just isn't practical.
    How large is your flac library? Hard disk drives are extremely cheap these days.

I'm not proposing something like Handbrakes multitude of output profiles as that would be overkill, just something that takes the core tags (artist, album artist, album, title, year) that are often handled differently. Title and album will always be title and album for example or the player isn't worth having. Something like:
    Output Multiple Artists as... Original format/ Comma seperated list.
    Output Release date as... Original/ limit to YYYY.

For the year, I suppose I could sync the device and then open the devices folder in mp3tag and run an action like FORMAT value "YEAR": $left(%year%,4). Would just be more convenient to do at the time of sync.
    I don't think your proposal is realistic. You are suggesting Illustrate introduce a feature purely to rectify problems with poorly written software/firmware by 3rd party player/device developers. IMO, this is an impossible task, given the amount of players/devices on the market.

I suggest you contact Sony and let them know that there are bugs in the Sony NW-ZX300 firmware, as it does not correctly read date tags and multi-value artist tags. BTW, I have flac and mp3 libraries with all date tags populated in the YYYY-MM-DD format and have never had an issue with any player or software that I use.

dBpoweramp Guru

How do you sync to a Sony NW-ZX300?

Have you tried the ID Tag Processing >> Manipulation tab >> Remove Month & Day from Year option?

How do you sync to a Sony NW-ZX300?

Have you tried the ID Tag Processing >> Manipulation tab >> Remove Month & Day from Year option?
    That would do the job just fine. ID Tag Processing and DSP processing isn't something I've got familiar with. Other than setting up drive/offset/ripping params, the multi-encode (for FLAC and m4a with paths) and CUE Sheet - Multiple Files I haven't really explored/understood the other components yet. Having read through some of https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...estion-(help-) I see that there are several steps (Capitalization etc) that could ease the process going forward. Shame I didn't dig further into it 3000+ songs ago!

Additionally, I see that ID Tag Processing also has the options for non multi-artist aware programs so that should solve the other issue.

One issue, I note the DSP Effects under TuneFusion state "when encoding", but the flacs themselves wouldn't need reencoding to play. There is the option to Rewrite ID Tags (even on 1:1 copy...), would this perform the necessary ID Tag Processing or would I have to avoid?

Regarding how I sync, this was literally the first time I tried on this device as I've only just got it. I have the art rescaled from my master library (usually 1000x1000) down to 500x500 but I may change that further due to device resolution and keeping the UI responsive, the path and supported formats & sample rates selected. The device OS is the same as that in the linked thread. The NW-A35 mentioned was replaced by the NW-A45 in January. The ZX300 is just a higher end model.

I've created a small test sync to a local folder to see if I can work this out.

I have tried allowing 1:1 copy of flac, with and without the rewrite ID tags option selected but date still appears as "2005 07 19". I then tried removing the 1:1 copy option for flac but it still doesn't want to strip off the extra data. Same story with the multiple artist manipulation.

dBpoweramp Guru

I've created a small test sync to a local folder to see if I can work this out.

I have tried allowing 1:1 copy of flac, with and without the rewrite ID tags option selected but date still appears as "2005 07 19". I then tried removing the 1:1 copy option for flac but it still doesn't want to strip off the extra data. Same story with the multiple artist manipulation.
    I suggested using the ID Tag Processing >> Manipulation tab >> Remove Month & Day from Year option, ID Tag Processing being a DSP.

I did a longer reply last night before testing it but when posted I got a message about needing to be approved by moderator first. Basically, this was my first attempt at syncing to it. It uses the same OS as the NW-A35 mentioned in another thread.

I've not really tried and of the DSP modules. I just have multi-encode set to output FLAC and m4a to a set of paths, Cue Sheet - Multiple files and drive settings configured.

HDD space wise, it's not just the FLAC library (121GB). It's the 17.5TB of media in general.

All tests where done with a DSP in place as illustrated:
    screenshot.png