title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: TuneFUSION Discussions

Administrator

Re: TuneFUSION Discussions

When it crashes, open Windows file Explorer:

%appdata%\TuneFUSION

and look at the files starting Logxxxxx.txt

Open these and see if you can see the last line where it indicates a .wv file, I could do with this .wv file uploading to dropbox and a link please by PM on this forum.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm using Beta 5 64 bit on Windows 10 V1803. You're probably already aware of this, but Beta 5 didn't fix the issues mentioned in posts 33 and 37.

I've noticed if you click on the question mark in the circle, it doesn't go to a help page. I cannot remember if an earlier Beta went to help pages.

Gary

Administrator

There is no current help file.

The advanced page is a known issue, I do not know what is causing it...a real puzzler.

>Exiting sync, free space of 61.01 MB is below the specified minimum of 50 MB
    >Exiting sync, free space of 206.01 MB is below the specified minimum of 200 MB

We will look at this.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon,

This is a great addition to the software you have developed. It is perfect for getting files transferred to a USB key for the car, and even for loading up a micro SD for Android phones. Any chance you are considering adding &*8220;Playlists&*8221; to the filter options? This would help when using a separate media manager. Thanks for this great tool!
    GB

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Spoon,

Now that I have a new 400 GB sd card for my phone, it is time to run TuneFusion again. I decided for convenience and speed to run it on my desktop machine and store the output on my D: drive, a gigantic raid array. I made a directory "Phone Music", mapped it to V: and set the rights and share for V: so it could be written to.

When trying to run TuneFusion with the entire source material it has failed twice. The log file is attached to this post. (the first time I screwed up on setting the files to copy direct and copied the FLAC files and reconverted the m4a files. Between the two tries, a few more FLAC files were added to the source material.

The source is two directories on a NAS, one with all the FLAC files, one with all the m4a files. The conversion is supposed to make m4a's of the FLAC and copy the m4a's from the NAS unchanged.

In both runs, the program ran until almost the end and then said the sync failed. Windows Explorer says that Phone Music (which was empty to start) has 263 GB, 58,152 files in 4667 directories. TuneFusion says there should be 58191 files.

As you can see from the log, TuneFusion was unable to overwrite four files to c:\Users\John\AppData\\local\temp. The only similar file in that directory now (post sync failure) is _TC8F2~1m4a, which is empty.

As you can see, several runs of TuneFusion with small numbers of files to update completed successfully, but they never added the missing files from the bad sync.

The computer runs Windows 7 Pro, current updates. The C: drive is an SSD, 500 GB. Is there a possibility that TuneFusion wrote so much data into the appdata folder on c: that it filled the disc up, then erased it when the sync failed? BTW, antivirus is Mcafee.

Any other thoughts?

Log-4941603542779199019.txt

Administrator

You should never see this error, basically our program creates a blank temp file, then writes to it, if this operation fails then it is either:

the drive where your temp folder resides is full (if you have more than 20GB free then this is not an issue)

your security software opened this temp file before we could blocking the write.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the clue. I'm suspicious of the anti-virus issue. I had that happen once before with dBpoweramp's temp files when ripping short tracks. Now I have to remember where in the anti-virus scan menu to go to tell it to not scan that directory. It seems to open every new file briefly to do an anti-virus scan on it.

dBpoweramp Guru

So after an unsatisfactory session with Macafee who says you can only block files which already exist and you know the name of from real time scanning and not folders (stupid!), I have started a whole new sync with real time scanning turned off. What does bother me is that when I selected the option to find and add new files (the top option on "next sync") it ran and said the sync was complete, no files to add, despite the missing files. Is it possible that tuneFusion only indexes the files in the source folders in that case and never re-indexes the destination directory? In order to get it to sync, I had to select the second option which redoes the whole sync. For something like 60 missing files out of 60,000, it would be nice if TuneFusion could search the destination directory for missing files and replace them. Or perhaps I'm missing something?

Administrator

> it would be nice if TuneFusion could search the destination directory for missing files and replace them

Advance Sync Options >> On Sync Check File Size

this checks files in the destination to make sure they exist

dBpoweramp Guru

OK I solved the mystery, it wasn't the anti-virus scan, it is duplicate files!

As I said above, my source files came from two directories, one FLAC files and one m4a files. The m4a's are copied to the destination, the FLACs are converted. I had "de-duped" the directories together, some time ago and cleaned out many, many duplicates, but apparently missed the four albums that had these tracks. (nothing new goes in the m4a directory and I'm now fairly careful about removing items when I re-rip them and add them to the FLAC directory.)

I ran the whole sync again with option 2, and got the same error, this time with the anti-virus disabled. The log said there were 58191 files to convert, I actually watched the end of the conversion count down to zero to convert and then the same sync error message appeared. I looked at the destination directory, there were, again, 58152 files. 39 missing. So I then used the information from your last post and ran the "update" with "on sync check file size". It reported 39 files to sync. It said it completed the sync successfully, and I saw the list of 39 files synced. But when I looked at the destination directory, there were the same 58152 files. Huh???

So I ran the identical update again, and again were 39 files to update. When complete, the same 39 files were listed as synced. Huh Huh???

So then I got suspicious and looked at the destination directory and the 39 files were in fact included in the 58,152 files. At that point I got more suspicious and looked at the source files, and sure enough the files from the CDs that were on the list of 39 synced files were in both source directories, in one as m4a's that were copied and in the other as FLAC files that would have been converted. The real proof is that there was one track from one of the CDs in question where I had entered the title slightly differently. That track appeared twice in the destination directory, with the two slightly different track names, and wasn't on the list of tracks to sync.

So the reason that TuneFusion apparently couldn't write the files is that they generated duplicate file names. Perhaps there needs to be some way to trap out that error and give a message that warns of the duplication. Of course this only happens if there are more than one source directories and they contain files with duplicate file names (in my case, except for the suffix.)

Thanks for your help, i do find that TuneFusion fills a real need.
    Last edited by schmidj; 09-26-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Another great dbPoweramp tool.

I prefer it not automatically sync when I plug in a flash drive. Partly because my Music Sever is only up as needed when I might plug in the USB Stick into the desktop.

I prefer just trigger it manually.

For that reason I chose a folder (on the flash drive) for the target. But now I'm wondering if I bypassed a caching scheme for flash drives because it was pretty slow.
    So I created a staging area on an SSD (as I've done before) which is much faster and the copy of the new converted library doesn't take that long (USB 3.0).

So did I bypass the cache by doing that? I can see later you can setup the sync to be manual.

I also have multiple flash drives so the staging area gets copied multiple times.
    I could have a second 1:1 TuneFusion sync from the staging area to the Flash Drive(s).

If there is no caching scheme for USB Flash Drives then it needs one, I know this was addressed in other dbpoweramp tools.

Can this tool handle encoded files like SACD (some being multi-channel) and down sample to MP3 (or other 2 channel format).
    I have a few dozen encoded albums that I have to skip for the car. I know this can get pretty complex.

Thanks again.

Oh one more thing it needs to do. And maybe it does.

My car, Tesla Model 3, is dumb as a brick for the USB Music.
    It is splitting Albums by the artist on the track.

To fix it, I use Mp3Tag to replace Artist with Album Artist (I had to make sure my entire library had Album Artist Set).

It would be cool to have some Tag rewrite rules during the Sync.
    I believe you have some capabilities in other tools and maybe those are available here (as a DSP function)?

Quote Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
    It would be cool to have some Tag rewrite rules during the Sync.
    I believe you have some capabilities in other tools and maybe those are available here (as a DSP function)?
    OK, I just tried DSP - ID Tag Processing

I tried

SET Artist=[albumartist]

and

If Artist=[anyvalue]
    SET Artist=[albumartist]

and

tried delete tag and add tag for Artist with [albumartist] as value

Ideally I'd like to set Artist from AlbumArtist (if it's set). Either a rule or a similar check box you have for multiple artists.

This is for programs that can't deal with different artists between tracks.

So close.

Administrator

To disable the automatic sync, go onto the sync options page >> Advanced Sync Options >> 'When to sync' set to manually.

When copying files they are first encoded / processed to on your PC SSD, then copied over.

Try:

If Album Artist=[anyvalue]
    SET Artist=[Album Artist]

I ran with a big weird behavior when trying to sync with foobar2000 on Android.

1) I set the desktop sync folder to a %whatever%/TuneFUSION folder (and that folder alone, with no sub-folders in it). Changing name doesn't seem to make a difference.
    2) I set the foobar2000 sync folder to the sdcard/Music/TuneFUSION folder.
    3) All other settings with their default value, with the exception of Delete destination tracks no longer in source. Disabling it back doesn't seem to make a difference however.

The result? TuneFUSION only syncs one song per artist. That is, I only get a bunch of artist folders with 1 track inside of them.

Some facts:
    • Log says Storing (Song), followed always by Unable to store (Song) for every subsequent song by an already transferred artist.
    • TuneFUSION syncs properly when I don't override the default foobar2000 folder. But I have no interest in keeping my music in appdata. (Where is this stored anyways? I actually would like to know this.)
    • All files I'm trying to transfer are flac.
    • When it reaches 100%, PC client says Never Synced. Meanwhile, foobar2000 on Android says sync finished.

Looking forward to having this fixed. Good luck.

Edit:
    I foresee a different issue altogether on the long run. Take this album for example: https://vgmdb.net/album/255

There are numerous tracks with the same name. TuneFUSION would have to consider length, track and disc number, or other values for there not to be errors.

Just a heads up. GL again.
    Last edited by -Phantom-; 10-28-2018 at 01:13 AM.